Darker Nodes - Modern theme for the Unreal Editor

@Lionard @coldpolygon Ok, so it appears that this is caused by the SteamVR plugin (even if not activated).

If you want to fix it now, you can delete the SteamVR section in your .uproject file.
Otherwise, I’ll try to find a solution for it to work out of the box for everyone.

Indeed, deleting that part of the code, fixed the issue, nonetheless, I would prefer if it worked out of the box and not require me to delete something from the project. :wink:
Overall there are still few minor problems, tabs overlapping on each other, black text on nearly black bars. But I’m guessing those are very minor things that you will be to fix easily.

@Lionard Yes, a fix has been sent to address all those issues (and to make it work out of the box), here’s the changelog:

Version 1.1

• Bugfixes:

• Fix theme images not displaying (issue)

• Fix black text on dark textfields (issue)

• Fix white textfields in Niagara (issue)

• Add missing PIE icon (issue)

• Fix tab overlap (issue)

• Fix blueprint white comment bubble (issue)

It’s pending review, and it should be available in the next 24-48h :wink:

Please do not update the plugin for 4.26, I left a debug thing that block compilation… I’m the dumbest man alive… Pushing an update to fix it right now!

EDIT: fixed :slight_smile:

Suggestion IF possible and not too much work:
Some other plugins have icons and add themself to the toolbar etc, so it would be necessary to overwrite their icons in their plugin/resources folder if I want to match the icons with a custom icon in your minimal style, but everytime they have an update, I’ll have to overwrite them again.
So some option inside the settings would be awesome to overwrite/replace icons for other plugins.

Is this live? I’m using 4.25 and when I try to compile my games now I get this error. It took me a while to figure out that it was this plugin since I just moved/deleted a bunch of files prior to updating. Disabling the plugin allows my dedicated server and client builds(Win64) package without issue. That being said, I did not have this issue with your original update that I downloaded when I purchased the plugin, this started with the update I installed yesterday.

[USER=“3960904”]Young Beazy[/USER] I’m sorry for this, the fix caused it, but it’s solved: Unable to build Project 1.2 version · Issue #25 · hugoattal/DarkerNodes · GitHub
It should be available in 24h…

Assertion failed: FPaths::DirectoryExists(RealShaderDirectory) [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Private/ShaderCore.cpp] [Line: 1326] FPaths::DirectoryExists(…/…/…/…/…/Project/A_TempFotTest/Plugins/DarkerNodes/Shaders)

UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_RenderCore
UE4Editor_DarkerNodes!FDarkerNodesModule::StartupModule() [D:\Build++Portal+Promotion\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\DarkerNodes\Source\DarkerNodes\Private\DarkerNodes.cpp:14]
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Projects
UE4Editor_Projects
UE4Editor_Projects
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Yes, the last update make the projects crash, I’m so sorry, I tested it as much as I could…
I opened a GitHub issue, I’m fixing it right now! Critital: Crash when opening project with 2.x · Issue #73 · hugoattal/DarkerNodes · GitHub

1 Like

It’s solved and pending approval: Critital: Crash when opening project with 2.x · Issue #73 · hugoattal/DarkerNodes · GitHub! Hopefully it will be available real soon! Sorry again for this…

IT WORKED ! Everything has been fixed in 2.2 :smiley: !

Uf good to hear its the plug-in, I was troubleshooting the project for hours. Will be awaiting an update, thanks for the info.

@Lionard The update should be already available in the Epic Game Launcher (it’s the 2.2 update). I’m absolutely sorry you lost your time debugging that, the crash should have mentioned Darker Nodes :/…

@Herobrine20XX don’t worry about it. Good that you were able to fix the issue, and my opinion on the plug-in didn’t change, still very good content :).

hey. I absolutely love the theme.
However, I updated it today, and it seems that I can not build with it. As soon as I disabled your plugin it worked. 4.26.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogObj: Error: LoadConfig (/Script/DarkerNodes.Default__DarkerNodesSettings): import failed for BlueprintVarNodeStyle in: Solid
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogInit: Display: LogClass: Warning: In asset ‘None’, there is an enum property of type ‘EBlueprintVarNodeStyle’ with an invalid value of ‘Solid’

I am sorry, seems I have been a little to fast on the keyboard here. I deleted an empty script , binaries, build, intermediate and derivedcache folders form project and now it worked. :slight_smile:
Love your work btw, I have both electronic nodes and darker nodes.Love them both. Thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

@ThatLittleSpider This error comes from the fact that I changed the settings a bit and there no more “Solid” option for BlueprintVarNodeStyle, but rather “DarkSolid” and “LightSolid”, you could have solved this by going into the Darker Nodes options and just change something :wink:

Thank you very much for the cool words :smiley: ! And sorry it has caused some trouble…

I’ve been loving using this plugin but I have had an issue that has made me turn it off for now.

When I use any of the variable drop down menus, it seems to redraw the UI element without cleaning up after itself making this feature basically unusable

It affects any version of this UI element (Blueprint, Struct, Data Table) and I am running the latest version of the plugin, with the default settings, in engine version 4.25.4

I’d love to find a fix to this problem as having a tried something better, I am loathe to return to normal unreal.

Hum, that should have been fixed since 2.4…

First, check that you use the last version of the plugin by going to “Edit/Plugins” and search for “Darker Nodes”

If you don’t, update it! If you do, go to “Edit/Editor Preference/Darker Nodes” and click on “Fix Missing Elements” (it’s normal that is does not check)

This should fix it! (but that’s weird since 2.4 should autofix this problem…)

Hey would it be possible to get some controls for padding around actual nodes?

It’s a small thing but nodes no longer squaring up to the grid is a little frustrating:
Screenshot 2021-01-21 000241.png

Thanks for the awesome plugin.