Ctrl + L does not work UE5 (Unreal Engine 5)

I didn’t know we needed to hold the CTRL to make it work! Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Same problem. I can confirm that it has something to do with the SkyAtmosphere item. I was able to resolve the bug by changing the mobility between “Static” and “Movable”.

I had the same issue and I found out if I have DirectonalLight and SkyAtmosphere in my map I should check the tick box for “Atmosphere Sun Light” in DirectonalLight otherwise I couldn’t change the position of my lighting with CRTL + L.

I had the same problem until I used CTL + L on the right side of my keyboard (easy to hold down ) while moving the mouse simultaneously, which controls the light while holding the keys.

1 Like

I had the same issue. Apparently you need to hold CTRL after pressing CTRL+L, and drag your mouse to rotate the light direction. The instructor should mention these basic controls since this is a beginners tutorial. Or they can print the keyboard input on screen on future videos.

2 Likes

I clicked create atmospheric light 1 in error the guy in the vid clicked on create atmospheric light 0. Ctrl + L then worked for me.

I find if you just click somewhere in the scene first, it works fine. If you don’t want to select something when you click, just click the sky.

amazing its work brother

haha. I was on this for hours and this made it work. Thanks.

This was it for me!

I had the same issue and found out he problem was placing the skylight, directional light and sky atmosphere in the exact same position in the viewport.

Under light>Atmosphere and Clouds>Advanced>Atmosphere Sun Light Index > index has to be set to directional light index which by default should be 0 . When set to 1, there has to be another directional light set to 1, and probably the shortcut will be ctrl+shift+L(Latitude).

pcw.studio

I had same issue that Ctrl+L doesn’t work however Crtl+Shift+L works. In my case, i switched Directional Light index number each one and solved.

Yes, unfortunately, one needs to first click in the scene and then the combination of Ctrl + L needs to be held down WHILE moving the mouse. Thank you to those who pointed that out. This means you will have to use the right Ctrl key as the left Ctrl is too awkward to hold down while pressing L: Sky Atmosphere Component in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

Frankly, it’s probably easier (and more precise) to just rotate the directional lights by first selecting one and using its own rotation widget (E). :smiley:

You have to click select the directional light in the viewport and then CTRL + L and HOLD CTRL and you can release L and use your mouse to drag the arrow!

1 Like

Same here, but my solution was very bizarre - I changed back to my old physical keyboard which Ctrl+L used to work fine on. All shortcuts work fine on the brand new one except Ctrl+L, have no idea. Thanks for all solutions above tho!