CRITICAL - PS5 cannot load into uefn editor session or PUBLISHED version

So i wasnt able to get my ps5 to connect to my edit session, it kept giving me matchmaking error when i tried to join and from uefn side logs it said the ps5 was out of memory (for reference the island is only 30k/100k). Put it down to a bug but now ive got a public release of the island and the ps5 still wont load into it! Matchmaking error every time even though the ps4 and pc can load in no problem.

Ive tried different profiles on the ps5, some team members, some not and reinstalled fortnite but the same thing happens no matter what.

Strangely it doesnt happen on any other UEFN islands, just the one I published (and tried to work on with the ps5).

It gets stuck at 0% updating during matchmaking then just fails with matchmaking error

Update: ive had other people try to load into my island on ps5 and it won’t load in any of them so seems to be a platform specific bug

Any advice would be gratefully received.

So I tried to force a ps5 player in through the uefn lobby and it gives me an error (with a partial log)

It says pc cook… pass, linux cook… pass, ps5 cook… fail
Out of memory error when (re)cooking assets

So theres clearly an issue with the ps5 and the assets (works on pc, ps4 and switch, cant test any others sorry)

Its pretty game breaking if users on ps5 cant open my island

Affected island code: 4947-7178-9503

Slight update, ps5 now goes into the loading screen for this island. It then kicks them back to lobby with matchmaking error and soft locks them so you cant change mode or anything. Its just stuck on preparing for ever. Had to close game and restart.

Just bumping this, issue still persists. Second island i published does not have this issue so im wondering if it’s related to custom textures being applied to fortnite assets

Hi @X_TyFighter_X, could you try again and let us know how it goes?

1 Like

Just wanted to bump this and say that I’m having the same “stuck on preparing issue” across all platforms.

@KianMckenna I’m afraid that the issue with your island does not appear to be the same as what’s discussed here. We will update your thread when we have some more clues.

1 Like

Slightly different now, ive tried public and private matchmaking and it says:

Looks like all the battle busses heading out are full. Give it another shot in a few minutes. If it keeps up, visit http://status.epicgames.com (match.session_unavailable.402)

Ive tried going into different maps and ghen that again but same message :frowning:

Unless i was meant to republish?

Never mind! Its fixed! Its just let me in! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

This is happening with a multitude of islands that are uefn only up fortnite, giant escaoe room 7 just to name two but there have been multiple bug reports done across multiple weeks and there have been multiple updates pushed out and no fixes applied. Again it is ps5

All UEFN I repeat ALL UEFN maps are officially broken on early Ps5s. I tried the whole epic picks selection and it doesn’t work. Since Creative 1.0 is going away I will never be able to play creative again. PlayStation and their lazy corporates won’t do anything. This is all thanks to the cap of 30 fps worst decision by PS scums. Heck it works on the Switch…THE NINTINDO SWITCH. Along with PC, Xbox one,Xbox Series,Ps4,and the list goes on. Guys don’t get Ps5 the makers don’t care and won’t fix or update anything. Idk even know a way Epic can fix a PlayStation issue other then contacting them.

The status of UCB-1058 incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Needs Triage’.

Hi Flak,

I have the exact same issue for my newest unreleased map: 5141-8820-7996
PS5 players can’t join my edit session or public session, but every other platform including PS4 can. I was wondering how you guys ended up fixing the issue for TyFighter, because I can’t find the solution here.

Regards,
Fhsupport

Hey there, is it still impossible to join UEFN sessions on PS5? Thank you