Configurator for a website

Hi all! I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to ask this question. I work for a hardware and lighting company over the last few months we have been developing more hardware designs such as backplates, curtain rods, and finials. I have been 3D modeling all the pieces of Auto Desk. Now my boss wants me to research a way to get all those renders into a configurator that will allow our consumers on the website to be able to push a button and all the different combinations of backplates, rods and finials will be able to be viewed. He suggested unreal engine for the simulation capable however I don’t really know if it would be the best fit but I also don’t know much about it. I tried to find a way to get into contact to have a sales person or rep talk to me about my choices but I am having trouble finding that information as well. My question is would unreal engine be something that could do this? Also do they have capable to it on its own if i connect to an external cloud (if that’s possible) and upload all the renders and the software do the configurator then have that be attached to our website. Is this something that can be done?

Yes Unreal can do this. There is nothing “out of the box” that you can just send models to. You would have to make the logic or hire someone to do it. But yes configurations are very often made in UE.