Compile failed

I downloaded UE5.2 to a clean laptop, I’m trying to create a project in C++, downloaded Visual studio, which is offered directly in the launcher with all plugins, the following error is displayed:

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.2/Engine/Build/BatchFiles/Build.bat Development Win64 -Project=“C:/Users/juust/OneDrive/Документы/Unreal Projects/MyProject/MyProject.uproject” -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Using bundled DotNet SDK version: 6.0.302
Running UnrealBuildTool: dotnet “…..\Engine\Binaries\DotNET\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.dll” Development Win64 -Project=“C:/Users/juust/OneDrive/???㬥??/Unreal Projects/MyProject/MyProject.uproject” -TargetType=Editor -Progress -NoEngineChanges -NoHotReloadFromIDE
Log file: C:\Users\juust\AppData\Local\UnrealBuildTool\Log.txt
Creating makefile for MyProjectEditor (no existing makefile)
@progress push 5%
Parsing headers for MyProjectEditor
Running Internal UnrealHeaderTool “C:\Users\juust\OneDrive???㬥??\Unreal Projects\MyProject\MyProject.uproject” “C:\Users\juust\OneDrive???㬥??\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\MyProjectEditor\Development\MyProjectEditor.uhtmanifest” -WarningsAsErrors -installed
Total of 4 written
Reflection code generated for MyProjectEditor in 1.0638166 seconds
@progress pop
Building MyProjectEditor…
Using Visual Studio 2022 14.34.31946 toolchain (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.34.31933) and Windows 10.0.18362.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
[Upgrade]
[Upgrade] Using backward-compatible include order. The latest version of UE has changed the order of includes, which may require code changes. The current setting is:
[Upgrade] IncludeOrderVersion = EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Unreal5_1
[Upgrade] Suppress this message by setting ‘IncludeOrderVersion = EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Unreal5_2;’ in MyProjectEditor.Target.cs.
[Upgrade] Alternatively you can set this to ‘EngineIncludeOrderVersion.Latest’ to always use the latest include order. This will potentially cause compile errors when integrating new versions of the engine.
[Upgrade]
Determining max actions to execute in parallel (8 physical cores, 16 logical cores)
Executing up to 8 processes, one per physical core
Requested 1.5 GB free memory per action, 5.14 GB available: limiting max parallel actions to 3
Building 9 actions with 3 processes…
[1/9] Resource Default.rc2
[2/9] Link [x64] UnrealEditor-MyProject.dll cancelled
[3/9] Compile [x64] SharedPCH.Engine.ShadowErrors.InclOrderUnreal5_1.cpp
c1xx: fatal error C1083: ?? 㤠???䠩? ?஬??? ??? ??? C:\Users\juust\OneDrive?"???'?<\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\x64\MyProjectEditor\Development\Engine\SharedPCH.Engine.ShadowErrors.InclOrderUnreal5_1.h.pch: No such file or directory,
[4/9] Compile [x64] MyProjectGameModeBase.cpp cancelled
[5/9] Compile [x64] MyProject.cpp cancelled
[6/9] Compile [x64] MyProject.init.gen.cpp cancelled
[7/9] Compile [x64] MyProjectGameModeBase.gen.cpp cancelled
[8/9] Link [x64] UnrealEditor-MyProject.lib cancelled
[9/9] WriteMetadata MyProjectEditor.target cancelled

Greetings @JuustPush

Welcome to the Unreal Engine Forums! There were some users who experienced this issue prior and provided some solutions on an older post. Here is a link to that post. Check out the solution provided there and let me know if that resolves the error for you. I hope that this is helpful!

Greetings @FrostyJas
I installed the universal SDK, but it still doesn’t help

My problem solved. The error was that there was a folder containing Cyrillic in the project path

Excellent! I’m glad that you got that resolved. Have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.