Community Tutorials for UE4

[=Marionette;10174]
first and foremost, something in the title to delineate languages? or grouped etc? most of these are in russian or german etc… Are there english equivalents?
[/]

Most of the tuts are actually english with perhaps about 20 something of the 150 or so in Russian and Fighters German tuts may have sneaked in there. I was going to make it a pure english channel and then I thought to myself. Even though the tut may be in Russian people may still be able to follow along visually and figure it out. So I stuff them in there.

You know I haven’t properly thanked all of the tutorial creators personally. I’d like to take that time right now. If you remove the fact that Epic has generated 64 odd tutorials for UE4 the community as a whole has generated over 100+ tutorials on combined. That gentleman is a feat worth applauding. So thank you from me personally and I’m sure from else here that frequents the forums in search of them. They are immensely important and helpful and all of us wish you to continue creating them as they are the most valuable asset this community can give to each other.

Its seriously is humbling to see so many user generated tutorials created in such a short span of time after release. It just blows my mind. I cannot thank you all enough for the hard work. I look forward to cataloging all of your great learning assets and thank you again.

Also I created a new channel to house the catalog and will post it when it is ready later on maybe tomorrow.

New Catalog of UE4 Tuts currently on . PM me if you have tuts that I havent added and would like added. I still need to put the german ones up.

https:///channel/UCO3iK7xv-PgPJZXdG6ENWdA/playlists

https:///channel/UCgqb66tX-DYAbAU93UcvTTA

This guy had some of the best UDK videos out there and has now begun doing UE4 ones. Get him added! :smiley:

Dits I will add him as he adds tutorials. The only UE4 tut he has posted is just an overview. Nothing informative yet.

This guy has started a series on .

It’s just mostly introductions so far, though.

Yup I have him added to my catalog already… just added his latest this evening… Thanks for the info…

Also this guy

I created a video tutorial for an auto-adjusting third-person camera, similar to the cameras used in nearly all the third-person games out there.
Check it out! ?v=UMcmqsMzcFg

edit: forget it, deleted them.

[=Nocte30;13490]
Also this guy
[/]

his stuff is in the misc area… as i need to create a list for him…sorry dv8tor…

[=amiserablerobot;13874]
I’m the dude who made this: :///playlist?list=PLn9pJGtvuyPzsQ1PHRTpCbuJW5zVbNfd6

It’s creating a basic menu in blueprints and saving settings using the save game object.

A couple of notes, though: In the videos I use the r.graphics commands that are detailed in the Scalability section of the documentation, the actual commands a final game needs to be fed are the sg. console commands. I don’t remember them off by heart, but you can find them by typing dumpconsolecommands and looking through the console/log.
[/]

Thanks for the helpful tip Law and thanks for the tutorials you made… hope you make more…

thanks, very useful for getting started

Since my last post in here I have uploaded more videos about several topics:

German Playlist (28 new videos):
English Playlist (28 new videos):

Would be cool if you could add some of them :wink:

I just added two vehicle tutorials:

Modeling and rigging a basic vehicle for UE4 in Maya: ?v=9yrHqMBynlw
Vehicle implementation tutorial using blueprints: ?v=t82xeOPW6Z4

There’s much more work to do and likely several things to add, but hopefully this is a helpful starting point for those interested in vehicles.

Animated characters from Softimage to Unreal Engine 4

:wink:

Hey I create new videos every week. I would love if you could add my video series on this post! Thank you!

Video Series on Blueprint Scripting

Here is one I did for LOD’s

I have just finished the first tutorial, the basics for usable objects in C++.

://www.tomlooman/tutorial-usableactor-system-in-c/

://i2.wp/www.tomlooman/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ue4_tutorial_usableactor02.gif?resize=490%2C276

mesh based particle tutorial: https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?5109-Tutorial-Mesh-Based-Particles