Community Tutorials for UE4

Can we get a tutorial for a 3d model creation in - including UV mapping / texturing that asset/ how to texture light maps for hard and organic models / LOD / collision? All of these items must be taken into consideration when creating an asset. Also, polygon restrictions on models. I am a noob, but have been so concerned about poly count when creating a single object, that I think 200 polygons is too much for a single asset, like a car. Low poly modeling a building to look hi poly, etc., Thanks

there are actually quite some tutorials for that Tippy1000.
also polycount is not something you should worry about nowadays. its the shaders that are more than often the bottlenecks.
Even a decent smartphone/tablet/handheld can run 100’s of thousands of polygons and not flinch.

The small fern in the hallway example for instance already has over 3000 polygons.

Does anybody know where I can download the assets used in the 101 official tutorials? The “Demostration” Collection? I can’t find it.

As far as I know there is no demonstration collection available (probably the content example demo), but could you probably post the link to the video so that we can see which assets you mean? :slight_smile:

The assets from the official videos, for example the two textures on the left (T_FireRipplesG + T_FireRipplesM) from the “Fire Material in Unreal Engine 4” tutorial; I know I can make them with photoshop but I want to know if those are available somewhere.

Hey guys, THE definitive Tutorial series on Importing custom animated characters to Blender, Adding Mocap data for secondary animation, Fixing Mocap data to create high quality animation and Cycles, Export routine from Blender to UE4 including the tools needed and exact setup. If your a Blender user and UE4 Users you should be only be looking at this set of lessons for all your needs. Cheers KB

UE4 & Blender character creation and animation rigging tutorials Intro:

?v=RzPSggJPmQI&list=PL_Xr9Rr7Ea9j9ntmRjRHtGUiurlqPJp-3

UE4 Blender Character creation & animation tutorial 1:

?v=8nr-YbqCHGY&list=PL_Xr9Rr7Ea9j9ntmRjRHtGUiurlqPJp-3

UE4 Blender Character creation & animation tutorial 2

?v=MMTX2LNEJhQ&list=PL_Xr9Rr7Ea9j9ntmRjRHtGUiurlqPJp-3

UE4 Character Mocap data re targeting Tutorial 3

?v=dUyNPuyGFqc&list=PL_Xr9Rr7Ea9j9ntmRjRHtGUiurlqPJp-3

UE4 Blender Character animation export & BVH retargeting tut 4:

?v=9ZBe82MGFR0&list=PL_Xr9Rr7Ea9j9ntmRjRHtGUiurlqPJp-3

UE4 Tutorial 6 Character Mocap correction work in Blender:

https://.com/watch?v=lwQaysbRrWY

Also have about another 6 tuts to upload when i can, Including a custom script ive been working on to optimise rigs from Blender down to 80-90 Bones but still have eyes, eye lids, Jaw, Tongue controls.

the 2d game series :
https://wiki.unrealengine/2D_Game_making_-_video_series
MamoniemVideos-2dGameMaking.png

I have a new series in the works. Its instructions for Unreal Movement Mechanics.

https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?9940-Blueprint-Unreal-Movement-Mechanics-by-UnrealDevs&p=76032#post76032

?v=Gxfb3Og49-Q

There’s so much great stuff out there but I worry that it’s too easy to lose good tutorials as more and more are added to the forum and the rest of the web.

What would be great is if Epic created an online database that allows uses to submit, catagorise, view, browse and rate links to online tutorials and also allow users to request tutorial topics or ask for help on specific tutorials.

[=;84135]
What would be great is if Epic created an online database that allows uses to submit, catagorise, view, browse and rate links to online tutorials
[/]

You mean like this?

Not really, because that’s just a wiki containing tutorials and doesn’t include all the links that have been submitted to the UE4 Forum.

How about a section dedicated to professional tutorials? Not that all the community stuff isn’t just superb, cause it is! But it would be awesome to have a place to find out when a new professional tutorial has launched to market.

These are the ones i have found so far,

://www…com/videos-index/

https://www.3dmotive/f1138

://www.digitaltutors/tutorial/1609-Introduction-to-Unreal-Engine-4

://www.digitaltutors/tutorial/1659-Introduction-to-Lighting-in-Unreal-Engine-4

://www.digitaltutors/tutorial/1646-Introduction-to-Materials-in-Unreal-Engine

://www.digitaltutors/tutorial/1635-Game-Asset-Production-Pipeline-in-Unreal-Engine

https://forums.unrealengine/showthread.php?10221-BOOK-Blueprints-Master-the-Art-of-Unreal-Engine-4-Blueprints

[=;87083]
How about a section dedicated to professional tutorials? Not that all the community stuff isn’t just superb, cause it is! But it would be awesome to have a place to find out when a new professional tutorial has launched to market.

These are the ones i have found so far,

://www…com/videos-index/

https://www.3dmotive/f1138

://www.digitaltutors/tutorial/1609-Introduction-to-Unreal-Engine-4

://www.digitaltutors/tutorial/1659-Introduction-to-Lighting-in-Unreal-Engine-4

://www.digitaltutors/tutorial/1646-Introduction-to-Materials-in-Unreal-Engine

://www.digitaltutors/tutorial/1635-Game-Asset-Production-Pipeline-in-Unreal-Engine
[/]

Does my book not count as professional? Frankly sir, I am offended! :stuck_out_tongue:

[=KitatusStudios;87166]
Does my book not count as professional? Frankly sir, I am offended! :stuck_out_tongue:
[/]

Somehow I never come across your book, but I hunted it down! Added to the list.

Not sure if this is the right place, but what I personally want to really see is more documentation and video tutorials about implementation of animations with C++, and as little blueprints as possible, controlling animmontages etc from code for instance. Would love to know. Thanks

Found this very useful introductory tutorial about UMG:https://.com/watch?v=gOtQZ2zgGzU
Mind adding this one ?

This thread’s OP hasn’t edited it in awhile.

Hi guys

I invite you to the third tutorial in a series of tutorials on developing games with Unreal Engine 4 (In Spanish !! but very clear and illustrative :slight_smile: )

3 - Getting Started with AI in Unreal Engine 4

2 - Tutorial: How to make a side-scroller 3D game with Unreal Engine 4.

1 - Getting started: Developing games with Unreal Engine 4

I hope you find it useful and you like it, if so, let me know your comments and share it with your other friends too passionate about game development with Unreal Engine 4 and stay tunned for the next tutorial: Introduction to AI in UE4

Regards

Hi guys

I invite you to the third tutorial in a series of tutorials on developing games with Unreal Engine 4 (In Spanish !! but very clear and illustrative :slight_smile: )

3 - Getting Started with AI in Unreal Engine 4

2 - Tutorial: How to make a side-scroller 3D game with Unreal Engine 4.

1 - Getting started: Developing games with Unreal Engine 4

I hope you find it useful and you like it, if so, let me know your comments and share it with your other friends too passionate about game development with Unreal Engine 4 and stay tunned for the next tutorial: Introduction to AI in UE4

Regards

Here are my tutorials on VR with UE4.

The first is how to setup VR in the 3rd person Template (and to make it a first person one too) with a view that is separate from the controls. It also trys to explain some things that are often glossed over: ?v=YU3TEu_jT6Y

The second on is on setting up the performance and helpful settings for using VR on UE4: ?v=2Yc_Lz-uRdU