[Community List] Free Software Tools & Resources List

Yes , a Autodesk file format :smiley:

Thanks, I’ve added it to the list. looking at the comparison chart on their site FBX is import only but it looks like it might be possible to export to .OBJ

Please do! Also, if you have any free resources on your list that aren’t mentioned here please share :slight_smile:

Hey,

I’ve stickied to the top of Content Creation so everyone can find it more easily. :slight_smile:

Awesome list and some cool stuff in here I need to try!

Thanks for starting thread.

Thanks !! :slight_smile:

hi ULLS,

had a thought, have you considered adding free desktop video recording software to the list?, recording gameplay/tutorials… is an integral part of developing games.

just an idea:)

Hi , I didn’t really consider screen capture software as game play footage can of course be captured with matinee, however if you feel it would be beneficial to the community please add to the list. :slight_smile:

Loads of free motion captured animations. =D
http://www.turbosquid.com/search/motion-capture/free/

Thanks! Great addition, I’ve added it to the list. :slight_smile:

Loads of free tuts in really really detailed e-books and loads of free blueprints (character selection screen/ rechargeable torchlight/ burger flipping etc). Courtesy of Shah! :smiley:

1 Like

Great resource! Added to the list.

Thanks VeerWolf & :slight_smile:

Normal thief. Helps to “steal” normal from another mesh to a target mesh. :stuck_out_tongue:
(Thanks to time spirit, mentioned it in another post)

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/normal-thief

I made a umg server browser example, called IronFox. Similar to my other umg project, except one is with the blueprint online session nodes.

I knew I was forgetting a super awesome program that no one should go without…

OBS (Open Broadcaster Studio) - Live-stream, screen capture to flv/mp4, multiple sources & overlaying video on video, records off the GPU so it has a very small footprint, Open Source.

There is fraps and some others too… but program makes them fairly irrelevant (I use fraps only for the FPS counter now) ;). Must have if you want to record tutorials, record some footage from UE4, or live stream!

Also, for coders:

Visual Studio 2013 Community - Basically the Pro edition with different terms (max 5 users per company, make less than $1million/year, no Enterprise dev) - Which means it’s perfect for small UE4 teams!
NotePad++ - Syntax highlighting, supports most languages, lightweight

For Audio:

LMMS - Audio production, sound generator, beats/baseline, synthesizer, & MIDI controller

And Misc:

GifCam - Quick and easy program for recording Gif images.

Model downloads:

Yobi3D Search Engine - A search engine for finding 3d models

I’ll keep looking for more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably the best best best FREE foliage pack you can find! Credits to fighter! :smiley:

Can you guys recommend any particular software (or set of softwares) or plugins for software(s) modelling buildings? I don’t mean like just closed off building models, I’d like to actually mesh out entire one-piece interior/exterior meshes. (Minus moving objects like doors, those would be separate, but the walls, floors, stairs, ceilings, rooms would all be one piece.) I did with Sketchup when I used Cryengine, but applying materials to Sketchup models converted to FBX and imported to Maya always gives horrid results.

Blender should work fine for that. Epic even have a whole Twitch stream with using Blender with Unreal Engine.

Would it be better to have the whole building as one mesh or to make like wall meshes, doorway meshes, floor meshes etc and piece it together in the editor that way?

Thanks for all the latest additions, I’ve added them to the list with the exception of the normal thief script as appears to require a copy of 3ds Max to use, I’d like to make sure everyone can get some use out of the listed resources without having to pay anything at all.

Hi,
here is some resources

Free Learning Templates:

AI Project Sample:
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?59262-AI-Project-Sample-(Blueprint-Only)