Character texture and rendering looks way different in UE4!

I used Character Creator to create my son as a character for my game. When pulled into UE4 via FBX import, the textures of his face go from a more game style render, to an almost uncanny TOO realistic rendering of him. I completely understand that I’m looking at two different rendering engines, but I know UE4 is capable of so much more than Character Creator. What do you guys recommend on getting a more game character look like Character Creator, vs UE4? I’m not an awesome Photoshop guru, so any detailed advice would be awesome! Thanks, guys and gals!

BTW, i have since changed the skin texture of his body texture to match the tan color of his face, so his body skin isn’t as pale, but the face is just too realistic.

Here is the Character Creator realtime preview render

And here is the render inside UE4

One more in UE4

Seems to me like this is working as intended. The Character Creator realtime previewer seems to use a different lighting setup for their characters (with multiple lights I suspect). In the Unreal preview, it’s basically just one light, which obviously causes shadowing on the parts that are obscured.

Either way, there are some edits you can do to the preview. First of all, if you hold the L button while dragging your mouse in the viewport, you can rotate the lightsource around your mesh. Furthermore, if you go to the Preview Scene Settings tab (should be on your right), you can change the lighting settings as well as the environment HDR being used. One thing you may want to do here as well is go to the PostProcessing category, go to Lens/Exposure, turn on Min and Max brightness and set both of them to 1. Unreal 4 per default uses a rather annoying eye adaptation thing that may look nice in certain games, but is super annoying when it comes to basically everything else. By setting both the min and max brightness to 1, you basically turn it off.

If the model preview still doesn’t meet your wishes and you want a more accurate preview of how it looks (or at least, how you want the lighting to look), place it in the game and put some lights there to see how it looks (though you may want to change the exposure settings in the post processing settings in your scene for the above mentioned reason). At the end of the day the model previewer is just a previewer. You shouldn’t expect too much from it.