Character Stats Kit - Over 40 nodes to power your Skill point, Exp, Reputation and stats!

I was having issues with the return node part in the integration instructions with this. Essentially I couldn’t get it set up the same way as it was in the picture. The Return Node was different in the sense that I couldn’t even get a “Output get” part.

Hello,

You can drag the return value of the create Widget into the return node, this will automatically add this as an output variable.

I’m not entirely sure as to how to do that.

Currently, this is all I have:

http://puu.sh/vGGmt/3053948cca.png

This is on 4.14, by the way.

Right click the graph and type “return”, this will allow you to add a return node. Then drag the return value from the create widget or the return value of the “SET” node into the body of the return node.

Okay, I’ve done so, and this was the end result I received.

http://puu.sh/vGR93/8d034769b4.png

Is this correct?

That is correct, now drag the pin on the right from the “SET” node into the body of the return node.

Question about the Bars / Bar Types in the Data Table and what the values are used for:

• bCanObtainPassiveUsage
  • bHasPermanentUsage (guessing this is a bar that constantly “drains” ?)
  • RegenValuePerSecond and Value (vs the StartingValue / MaxValue) - curious how these values work with each other.

Can someone please explain why I get these errors? I get two of them when I press “P” and “Enter” respectively (after following the tutorial).
The only difference from the tutorial is that I had to create a PlayerController because I didn’t have one prior, and added a function as the tutorial specified.
I don’t get what I’m doing wrong.

Hey there,
this seems to be a really good stats kit for my game. But i have one concern, is it compatible with Stamina, Hunger and Thirst System in Blueprints - UE Marketplace becuase i have the system already implemented in my game.

Thanks

Uber, I had the same issue with my project until it seemed to resolve itself. Try running the game in standalone, then in pie.

Hello
the problem you have is coming from the StatUMG, ie the widget used by the component.

Depending on WHEN you create the actor containing the Stat component, the setup may found a “null” reference to the Widget.
To avoid this, ensure that you are creating the Stat widget BEFORE calling the setup function. Usually, it is a good idea to create the StatsUMG in the the player controller instance (in the begin play event for example), or in a game instance.

Very weird, mine resolved itself as well. That’s a little scary.

I also had another question, I removed some skills from the list, but they still appear (although without their name, just as blank spaces) on the skills tab. So I have 4 skills I want to use, but there’s like, upwards of 15 on there.
How do I remove the deleted skills from the UMG?

Hello,

You should remove the savefiles.

And on the NULL reference, yes you certainly need to make sure you create the UMG before you call the setup node. Everyone who seems to have the null errors, please make sure you have a player controller(if you don’t have any, just make a new one as every pawn has a player controller anyway, just the engine default if no custom one is made).

We’re going to work on making a clearer remove/adding of character stats that will avoid having to remove the savefile. It’s rather simple to make, however it will only be in in a few weeks. For now just remove the savefile.

Okay- so it seems we never ever got notified about this forum post having a reply(so we missed a lot).

CanObtain is that it’s possible to have passive value.
PermUsage is that it drains x amount over time in loop
RegerValuePerSecond is that it adds over time in loop

Permusage and regen work independently so if you do regen on 2 but permusage on 3 then you will get a -1 in the end.

**Changelog:
**4.16 update
**Marketplace: Live
Itch.io: Live

Hey - I am not seeing the 4.16 or 4.15 Version on Itch.io

Is there any reason for this?

4.15 and 4.16 didn’t require new files, the latest version avaible on itch.io is always the compatible one if we have marked as live on the forum thread. We’ve changed the file name to reflect 4.16 too.

Anyone implement this with the Horse Riding and Taming Kit and have that stop working? :frowning:

Character Stats Kit is on sale for 50% off on the summer sale! Character Stats Kit in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

So I tried deleting save files when I removed some stats, but now I just get them stats that say “Stat MAX” and there are just as many of them.
Any advice?