Character Stats Kit - Over 40 nodes to power your Skill point, Exp, Reputation and stats!

Great! Please Explain How to install in a couple minutes with components please.

Tutorial is here: Character Stats Kit in Blueprints - UE Marketplace

35% off on the marketplace right now!

Hi, Thanks for the link to the tutorial video. It helped a lot.

Now, Is this compatible with Multiplayer? Because, I am getting Runtime errors when I hit Play after I switch multiplayer mode to more than one. I even tried to create a new third person project, then set the game mode to your Example stats gamemode (which sets the controller, character, and gamestate to your stats ones.) and it still gives me the same runtime errors after I switch the multiplayer mode.

Here is a copy of the errors that I get:

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_StatsComponent’ from node: Construct UMG in graph: EventGraph in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG
Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG from function: ‘Setup’ from node: Set StatComponent in graph: Setup in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG
Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None attempting to assign variable on an object from function: ‘Setup’ from node: Set StatComponent in graph: Setup in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None attempting to assign variable on an object
Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatsUMG from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_StatCharacter’ from node: Add to Viewport in graph: EventGraph in object: StatCharacter with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatsUMG
Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_StatsComponent’ from node: Construct UMG in graph: EventGraph in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG
Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_StatsComponent’ from node: Force Refresh in graph: EventGraph in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatUMG

CHANGELOG V1.6

Asset updated to 4.14

Changes:
Bug where you receive accessed none should be resolved now.

Time till live on Itch: Now
Time till live on marketplace: Sent mail with files

Cleaned up the Project and merged it to the ActionRPGInventorySystem (not fully implemented yet)

[video]- YouTube

This project looks pretty cleaned up to me already, or do you mean you cleaned it up after merging both of them?

Maybe you can share (in text form) what problems you had with merging these two project or maybe even which tasks of merging them were easy to perform.
That would help the creators to improve their system and it would help other users, who also want to merge these projects, to not struggle at the same points.

You might also want to make sure to not show too much of a marketplace project in a video, so people can’t just recreate it by seeing it.
Maybe just blur out the default function names etc. (:

Hey just wanted to throw a link in here Action RPG Inventory System - Marketplace - Epic Developer Community Forums because I am having a really hard time merging the two together and have been in email communication with both asset creators. Desperately looking forward to Tylrin’s breakdown!!!

Character Stats Kit and ActionRPG Inventory System -Merge and Upgrade !NOT DONE NEED MORE TIME!

Introduction

Note: In this merge the **StatsComponent **is connected to the Player Controller and not to the PlayerCharaceter like in the original version of the project, also I had to remove the save system since it will throw up problems when initializing.

Keep in mind that this tutorial take approximately two day if you are unexperienced.

1) What to do?

When merging two projects it is important that both systems use (kind of) the same System.
Since that isn`t the case we have to change the methods used.

**2) New Project **

At the start I created a fresh Third Person Template, were I added the Character Stats Kit.

Go to Project SettingsMaps and Modes and select the StatsGameMode as your default Game Mode, that will make that the **StatsCharacter **and the **StatsPlayerController **are being used when starting the Game.

The New Project is only there for clean up purposes.

Now you can delete the **ThirdPersonBlueprint **folder (Don’t forget to move the Maps folder to the Content folder before deleting)
Than go back to Projects SettingsMaps and Modes, and change the default map to the **ThirdPersonExampleMap **or **Overview **map because when moving maps to different folders the default map will be cleared and when restarting the editor window will be black.

3)StatsComponent

The first thing I did was renaming it to **StatsManagerComponet **and every SERVER_ to Server_ ,
But that is completely optional.

Than recreate every single function under the API Category (no joke:)) and put copy the Right code in them. Now you mite ask yourself why that is necessary, that’s because the old functions, where the Server Event are being called, have a return note that can´t be deleted and that will make problems for most parts of the code.

Right code? → search for a server event, for example the SERVER_AddBarValue, copy the code that is being called by the event and transfer it into a new function Called for example AddBarValue (delete the Old function with the same name first). Remove the code you initially copied and put the new function behinde the Server Event, that will make your Event Graph look more neat and sexy. :wink:

Here a Video: - YouTube

-While adding the new functions I categorized the them into a more ActionRPG manner.
All functions related to stats
UserInterface|Private|Stats

Here all functions related to experience
UserInterface|Private|Experiences

And here all Functions related to bars
UserInterface|Private|Bars

We will get to that later why I called it User Interface

The Names in the () are the original functions I changed them because I thought they would be more fitting.
The functions under the Category Core
GetStatIndex ,GetBarIndex, GetExperienceIndex (FindExpIndex)
I put in the category
Manager|Private|Index

ResetBuffTimer(CORE_ResetBuff), ResetNerfTimer(CORE_ResetNeffs) ,TimedRegenSpent
I put in the category
Manager|Private|Timer

InitializeStatsManager(Setup), GetRespondsInterface(GetInterface)
I put in the category
Manager|Public

The functions I didn`t named will be renamed or moved later!

Please reply or quote me, if you have a question.

NOTICE:

If you’re in 4.14 or above and you migrated over the character stats kit to a new character/gamemode there might be an error triggered. As of 4.14 Game Mode Base is the new default game mode, for some reason this is causing issues with the player controller begin play function as well as other core functionalities.

If you are experiencing this issue try to print string after the player controller begin play, if this doesn’t call you will need to do the following:

Create a new function in the player controller called “Create Widget”. That function needs as output the Stats UMG variable. This function should be called after the begin play of the player character’s cast to the player controller. In the function create the widget and store it. Images below.

UE4Editor_2017-02-21_19-15-10.png

I made a new Video were I show the new **StatsCostModifiert ** (Uses a float curve) in action.

Each stat can have its own custom curve.

Update for 4.15 has been processed.

Hey I cant thank you enough for all of that! Saturday I got some time and went through the tutorial you posted, I havnt yet renamed them, but I changed and moved all of the functions to API2. Did that to make sure to keep track of which ones I have finished. So i do have a question for ya, I noticed in a bunch of the functions they weren’t set up the same as before and it appeared to me at the time that these either couldnt be changed or should be changed differently from your described process? Below is a picture of the changes i made with the events being shown, the next is a picture of one of those functions I was talking about. All of your time and advice is extremely appreciated! Thanks in advance :smiley:

I forgot to ask, I also was wondering exactly what to do with the save component? IE, is it a problem that the setup node has an input pin for the save component? Do i just ignore that setup pin and not put the save component in the game state?

Thanks again!

Hey VikingMike85,

I am glad that I could help you. I forgot to add that the “pure” funktions dont have to be changed or rather replaced, since they dont have a specific Event calling them.
And to the Question with the save component, I had to delet it, because it made the migration and the merging of the projects much easier.

Sorry that I didn´t update the forumpost, I dont have much time at the moment and therefore cant be as responsave as I would want to be.

Hey Tylrin,

So after removing all of the save and load functions and the input outputs, I have the system working, BUT 1 part is having issues. For some reason everything loads up fine, but when you click the “+” next to a stat, to use your points, it turns dark but does not add the stat. Nor does it remove the stat point. I was thinking that maybe this had something to do with removing the save component?

Thanks so much for EVERYTHING! Almost have this thing working WOOHOO

Hey Tylrin,

Done a ton of investigating, and I need to know what engine you are running, you 4.14? I think im seeing an issue in 4.15 specifically, but if youre on 4.15 i know thats not the case. Thank you!

Alright! So i figured out the problem, i swear i had checked this a ton too but perhaps i was clicking the wrong window… not sure… but it would appear that when we remade the AddStat function, it disconnected that node on the PassthroughAddStat Event on the statsmanager component which I was already aware of and reconnected. Now i swear i did this but apparently i did not or something. But it zeros out that float variable , so it needs to be changed back to 1. So that you increment properly as you add your stats. Hope that helps anyone else down the road! (ps i thought it was a 4.15 error because i swear i checked that very same thing over and over… and made sure more than once it was at 1…but who cares its working) Now to take this remade version and to plop it into the Action RPG inventory Crosses fingers

New documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18lGp_4oB7oH81KeKIjhdUJGU9VEUZRNx61VfiW-8xiU/edit?usp=sharing

i am getting these errors can anyone help with them?

Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetInterface_AsStats_Interface3 from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_StatsComponent’ from node: Buffs Resetted in graph: EventGraph in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetInterface_AsStats_Interface3
Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetInterface_AsStats_Interface4 from function: ‘ExecuteUbergraph_StatsComponent’ from node: Nerfs Resetted in graph: EventGraph in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_GetInterface_AsStats_Interface4
Error Blueprint Runtime Error: Accessed None trying to read property StatSaveComponent from function: ‘SaveGame’ from node: Save ID in graph: SaveGame in object: StatsComponent with description: Accessed None trying to read property StatSaveComponent

i am using version 4.15

Thanks in advance