Character Stats Kit - Over 40 nodes to power your Skill point, Exp, Reputation and stats!

In your datatable that is used for the classes, did you remove them from there too?

After I set this up, after about 10 minutes, eventually each of the skills, rep and stats, health and mana go completely blank like they have no info… I start getting that I have an error in my BPs for SaveComponent and StatsComponent. This has happened each of the 3 times I have attempted to Implement this into a project… it works fine, then after a few level tests, I get the same error…

My guess is this has to do with the save component or saved data… as nothing else other than the save component would affect anything over the course of level tests, for this to occur…

So a question…

…when you say delete the save/saved games file and “the file that holds the info”… what is the “file that holds the info”? I don’t understand what file you are talking about…

If the save component is NOT causing this, then what is? It has happened each and every time, after about 10 minutes, with everything working properly prior…

Thanks.

Just go in to your project, “saved” file, then “Autosaves” folder, then delete any files in there.

PS I realize this thread was old but I figured I’d answer it in case anyone else has the same question.

Hey People,

The stats component issue(throwing warnings) was a known issue quite a while ago, but we’ve updated it since then and should be live. Can I ask what version you’re using?
In addition, of stats going completely blank, we’ve implemented this asset a lot of times and used quite a lot, but never did the stats go blank.

In regards to “the file that holds the info”, that is under ProjectRoot/Saved/Savegames, there should be the save game.

Also apologies for the late response, this thread has been broken for us and we never seem to get notifications about it.

We have updated to 4.19 and added a new node called “Remove Progress”! You can now remove progress/exp from your bars!

Hi Panda, I’ve been messing around with the kit just to learn from it, and have been trying to make a set of crafting experience types. So far I’ve tried two ways and was wondering how you would have gone about it yourself.

The first and easiest way I found was I added a new tab to the UMG and use the same nodes from the “Build Rep” graph. Now both tab’s show all experience types (Rep and Craft). To change that I copied the way you hid the level experience type. So on “Build Rep” I hid all the Crafts and then on my “Build Craft” hid all the reps. This works but seems very sloppy with the massive amount of branch nodes it makes to do it. So I assume this is kind of a hacky way.

The next thing I tried to do was make a new Enumeration to hold just the Crafts, I think I got close to doing it but failed somewhere. What I did was I created a new Enum to hold the Crafts. Then I went into the ExpStruct and added my new Enumeration to the structure underneith ExpType. Then I copied the StatProgress UMG and hooked it up to use the new Enum.

If I launch it, the UMG shows me the name of the first Craft, but it’s using the exp data from the original ExpTypes. I must need to do something inside the actual StatsComponent, but i’m not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance for your time with looking at my troubles.

I simply can’t get the “Event Bar Empty” to work. Please help. It just does nothing. I don’t know how to communicate that I want the player to die when hunger reaches 0.

Hello,

We’re sorry to hear there’s issues. We’re going to look into it and get back to you within a few days.

Does anyone have a good solid grasp of this asset? I am trying to get it to work with customizations in my game and the lack of detailed documentation is making it very difficult.