Chaos on Wheels - New vehicular combat game

Very first negative feedbacks were pointed out on maps so we decided to take some time to upgrade or completely rework our maps and we are still on it.

Thank you and happy new year to you too :beers: :partying_face:

2 Likes

The January update for Chaos on Wheels is here.
On the art side, maps are still our primary focus. On the development side, AI got upgraded.

1. AI - UPGRADE

AI is a big part of our single-player mode and because of that, we decided to upgrade it before the launch of the new Demo. Previous AI served its purpose but we knew it could do a lot more. After rework and upgrades, AI now has better path finding… quicker decision-making… better aiming… better predictions… and a lot more.
Not just AI cars received upgrades. Turrets are also much better at predictions and aiming. Once we release a new Demo, you will have your chance to fool the AI :wink:

2. DESERT - REVAMP

Link → Chaos on Wheels - Monthly Update 05 (January): Desert Revamp - YouTube

Lifeless Desert just got the refreshment it needed. Desert was our biggest battleground and it still is, but now it is covered in old ruins. Our focus was to fill the map with assets but not to ruin the “Desert” vibe. So, we did just that.

“Hot, sandy, and bright desert with just enough life in an oasis to make it worth checking. With turrets and hazards to make it worse, this place is a remote battleground made for the toughest fighters.”

3. TUTORIAL - UPGRADE

As we are getting closer and closer to the release of the new Demo, we decided to refresh our Tutorial a bit. Nothing fancy but we adjusted the map to match the path of the tutorial better and added all new/reworked stuff. We hope it will serve its purpose… as long as you don’t skip the tutorial :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4. OTHER IMPROVEMENTS

We made a lot of minor improvements but there is nothing much to say so we will only name a few of them.

• New destructible assets added
  • Landscape master material upgraded
  • Movable assets adjusted
  • Trail system adjusted
  • …and more
1 Like

Things I love to see, :point_right: another solid update for “Chaos on Wheels” for the month! :raised_hands:

Thank you for another wonderfully in-depth Devlog; I’m excited to see that we’re closing in on a new Demo release! It’s even better to know that the competition will be fierce with an upgraded AI system. :video_game:

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

The Demo is coming sometime in March. When we decide on the exact date, will update you :relieved:

1 Like

A March release for the demo is what I needed to hear to make my week! Thank you for the info, and I’ll see you next time for the newest Devlog and, hopefully, demo! :star_struck:

1 Like

The February update for Chaos on Wheels is here.
As the demo is getting closer and closer, we’ve focused our efforts on polishing, improving, balancing, and ensuring the highest quality.

1. HELIOS’ SUPPORT BOTS

We wouldn’t be fair if we don’t give Helios his support cars something awesome, right? So, here it is. Freshly build from the Helios Army’s factory. Futuristic self-driving car armed with two heavy machine guns, a missile launcher, one badass turret, reinforced carbon chassis, a custom build electric engine, and a huge mainframe to power it all :zap:

2. HELIOS - UPGRADE

It’s been a long time since Helios got some upgrades, so we decided to give him some. We attached a killplow in front, and trust me, you won’t like what happens if you get in its way. Helios also got two flamethrowers (one on each side of the trailer).
Don’t come too close, or you’ll really be burned down :fire:

3. CLIFFS - REVAMP

Link → Chaos on Wheels - Monthly Update 06 (February): Cliffs Revamp

In our goal to improve our maps, based on your feedback, Cliffs got a new look. We added more stuff to destroy, widen some routes, improve the layout, and much more.

“Deep in the red landscape lays a labyrinth of high cliffs where your chance to survive is dangerously low.”

4. AI - UPGRADE

We’re killing it with AI upgrades, and we have to admit, we believe you’ll like it as well. AIs are now way more intelligent and optimized. We actually enjoy fighting against them. Sit tight for a few more weeks, and you’ll be able to find out how fun bots are. We improved AIs pathfinding, target selecting logic, aiming, rocket management, and some other smaller things :sunglasses:

What do you think about this dev (behind the scenes) image?
Would you like to see more of them? :thinking:

5. OTHER IMPROVEMENTS

We made a lot of minor improvements but there is nothing much to say so we will only name a few of them.

• New VFX for driver ability Weapon cooldown
  • Added SFX for all pickups
  • Added SFX for all rewards
  • Voice-over for driver Money
  • Voice-over for driver Boss
  • Balancing
  • Adjusted car handling
  • Fixed Toxic ammo multi-barrel VFX
  • …and more

I’m so happy to announce a new Demo version for Chaos on Wheels. It has been a long journey and much more is to come. But right now it is time for some Chaos! :boom:

Demo will be available on March 24th on Steam! :eyes:
You are more than welcome to come and join Chaos Crew in a battle of total mayhem! :fire:
Any kind of feedback would put a smile on our faces. :blush:

Till then, we prepared a brand new Cinematic Trailer.
Not much to say, just watch. Enjoy! :sunglasses:

We also reworked our Steam page a bit.
The old gifs were outdated so we replaced them with new ones.
Hope you are going to like it. :crossed_fingers:

Destroy

SteamFirst

Build

SteamGarage

Ride

SteamRide

LeaveNothingButChaos

SteamTurret

Thanks for passing by and see ya on March 24th on Steam! :white_heart:

3 Likes

Hype OVERLOAD! This announcement has made my entire week; thank you! :star_struck:

The newest trailer looks incredible, as do the latest gifs on the Chaos on Wheels Steam page! Shoutout to you and your team for making it this far in your development journey; March 24th, here I come! :partying_face:

1 Like

Glad to hear that :partying_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thank you! Your support means a lot :white_heart:

Will be waiting for you in Chaos world :fire:

1 Like

ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS! Friday needs to get here faster! :racing_car: :dash:

1 Like

This looks great, the concept reminds me a lot at some older games like PS2 twisted metal.
Will denfently give this a try :slight_smile:

2 Likes

TWO MORE DAYS! It is getting closer and closer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thank you!
Twisted Metal was one of our inspirations :blush:
See ya on Friday on battlefield :boom::wink:

1 Like

Fingers crossed, I get my new PC setup within the next two days; I want to enjoy this demo on the best settings possible! :crossed_fingers: :grin:

1 Like

The time has come :eyes:
So thrilled to present to you the Demo version for Chaos on Wheels! :partying_face:

Now available on Steam!

You are more than welcome to come and join Chaos Crew in the battle of total mayhem! :boom:

Your opinion can help us understand the good and bad sides of our project and it can determine the best possible future development.

Any kind of feedback is much appreciated. :pray:
Thanks for passing by and see ya on the battlefield!

1 Like

@Condara, the Chaos on Wheels demo release has made my entire week! My new PC setup came in just in time, and I’ve been enjoying the most lavish gameplay on all epic settings. :partying_face:

You and your team are genuinely outdoing yourselves with this creation! The gameplay is smooth as butter, the graphics are stunning, and I’m enjoying my time driving around and basking in all of the destruction. :star_struck:

A few quick questions, are there cars we can unlock in the single-player campaign mode that we can use in Chaos Career? Do the upgrades applied to the default car in Chaos Career also apply to that car in the campaign mode? :eyes:

1 Like

@Zezkaii, It is always so thrilling to get yourself a new PC. I’m happy for you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As we made you a week, you made ours weekend with these kind words. Thank you so much! :white_heart:

In Chaos Career, you start from scratch and build everything up. Every car you have to buy. But after release, you might get a reward for your Garage if you finish Campain. :wink:

Nope. Chaos Career and Campaign are separate. The campaign has predefined cars and armor while in Chaos Career you are the boss and decide everything. :sunglasses:

Thank you for the feedback and if you got any other questions or some ideas you would like to see in Chaos on Wheels please feel free to share them!

Have a nice weekend and go easy on your new PC :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I only played a little for now, but i want to give a first impression and feedback. Will take my time tomorrow to test this more.

First of all, It is a lot of fun to play :partying_face:

I love the environment and the destructions of almost all is in there :+1:
The map is also very easy to understand, you can just start and see there what your goal is. I like it if you can just start a game and dont need to study how it works. Very well done.

A few things i noticed so far.

• Some of the pickups are hard to see, maybe it would be better to make them stand out more. Maybe just add a little glow to the meshes (like a few other pickups they already have this).
  • The mud is really heavy, it feels somehow wrong to slow you down from 100 to 0 in under 1 second.
  • The turrets sometimes do not register the hit of a rocket.
  • The car turns a little to slow (but i guess you can upgrade this later)

Will go more in deep with feedback after testing more. What i have seen so far you did a great job.

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words @Condara and the clarification! I’ve definitely been having a blast with my new setup, especially with test-driving it in Chaos on Wheels! :sunglasses: :racing_car:

My only question so far is when will this demo run end? I want to play it as much as possible before I can’t! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hii @Thorsten09 :wave:

Glad you join us. Thank you for that and also for kind words. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Hope you had a fun time playing Chaos on Wheels.

• Yeah, we could make PickUps more noticeable.

• I hate getting stuck in mud also :joy:. I knew it would be a pain in *** but that is the purpose of the muds. On the other hand, we should probably make them a bit easier. :sweat_smile:

• It is probably the laser that rejected your rockets. Turrets have a defensive laser that protects them from projectiles (rockets and missiles). I guess we could make some VFX or laser more visually noticeable.

• Yep. You start at a low level and with a higher level, you get speed, power and all other juicy stuff :drooling_face:

Thank you for the honest feedback. Means a lot :white_heart:

2 Likes