Chaos on Wheels - New vehicular combat game

New month, a new update on Chaos on Wheels!
Check out some of the updates we did in October and thanks for passing by :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. NEW CAR

We’re happy to present to you the Mouse :oncoming_automobile::mouse:
The Mouse comes with an empowered I4 engine. Small, fast, deadly.
What more do you need? Good acceleration, solid handling, and superb cornering.

2. NEW HAZARD - FIRE TOWER

It’s been a long time since we added a new hazard, so here is one. A fire tower is a powerful flamethrower in whose way you don’t want to be caught. :fire::fire::fire:

Link → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzZl6BJrrso&ab_channel=Acodeon

3. DESTRUCTIBLE

Do you love destructible? We love destructible! Here are some more!
And of course like the last time, we did add some smaller destructible as well, but you’ll have to wait to try it out for yourself :sunglasses:

Link → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Ps6gJCt24&ab_channel=Acodeon

4. ICE ROAD POLISHING

We listened to your feedback and did some tweaking to the maps. Specifically in this case, on the Ice Road. Added more destructible, implemented landscape effects, polished layout, and a little bit more :wink:

Link → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPfpICUrcmY&ab_channel=Acodeon

5. OTHER IMPROVEMENTS

• Level Abandoned Race track polish
  • Dedicated server new version
  • Camera clipping issue fixed
  • Equipment unlocking conditions updated
  • Balancing
  • More voice actors added
  • AI movement decisions improved
  • Multiplayer garage small tweaks
  • Force on bullet impact tweaked
  • Ironed out some minor bugs
1 Like

The “Mouse” looks like a solid beast of a car! I especially love the glossy purple for this design. :star_struck:

Thanks for another great Dev log! The Ice Road revamp, and the Fire Towers look insane! How much damage do the Fire Towers do? If we stand in the crossfire for too long, I imagine they can do severe damage. :fearful:

1 Like

You are welcome and I’m glad that you like it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You don’t want to be close to Fire Towers cuz you might feel the temperature rising a bit and your health going down :sweat_smile: but they are an easy target for long-range combat.

2 Likes

Oooh you have voice actors… Can i apply to be a voice actor?

2 Likes

Yes, we do.
You can reach out to us at “aron.gaspic@acodeon.hr” and soon as we need a voice actor we can get you into Chaos Crew :blush:

2 Likes

Ill make sure to do that as i want to be a part of this :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Chaos on Wheels is shaping up to be phenomenal; what’s there not to like? :star_struck:

Note to self, attempting to give the “death thrower” a car hug is not the wisest choice. :laughing:

2 Likes

We are trying our best! :slightly_smiling_face:

You are absolutely right about the “hug” :sweat_smile: :joy:

2 Likes

November update for Chaos on Wheels!

This month was really focused on maps and optimization. The good thing is we can show you the maps because we have no clue how to present optimization for you :joy:

:point_down: Check out some of the updates we did last month :point_down:

1. MAP SNOW FOREST CAMP

We’re still on strike with improving our maps, and this time we bring you Snow Forest camp! :snowflake:
Yet another campaign map is reworked, finished, and waiting for the official release of Early Access.

A remote lumber camp placed deeply in the snowy woods now is Helios’ spot for crafting his army. Heavily guarded camp, in the middle of nowhere, with zero chance of help.

Link → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulKQ5ZgVX3g&ab_channel=Acodeon

2. MAP MILITARY BASE

We’re proud to present you Military Map for the first time! Created with the latest feedback from you guys, the Military base is the right place to have combat with helios’ army.

In the middle of Chaos Country lies a strategic military base full of weapons, vehicles, and war supplies, which Helios’ army won’t give up easily.

Link → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za6ehucVqoY&ab_channel=Acodeon

3. OPTIMIZATION

And of course THE optimization. Get ready for some developer rumbling hehe :sunglasses:

It’s not that the previous state was bad, but we wanted it more optimized so we decided to focus on optimization this month. Of course, the most important are cars and AI which are huge components of the game, so we started there.
If you’re at all familiar with game development and the Unreal engine, you probably heard about the famous Blueprints. Like any other indie developer (and not indie wink wink) we used blueprints for quick prototyping. And who would think sometimes it was good enough so we leave it? Well, little by little it was enough for us to say enough. We rewrite it all (all? okay, most of it…) to C++.
Long story short, it runs faster :astonished:… yeah, who would guess?

The AI was a tough one. It learned itself how to rule over the world and hack Facebook, so we needed it to shut it down and write a new AI. Okay, okay, that was some good bullpoop, but how cool that would be? Honestly, our AI was dumb and slow, and now is dumb, slow, and inefficient. Jk, jk. Now it’s just dumb and a little bit less slow. We’re still working on AI and hoping to finish optimizing it before the New year. Wish us good luck.

TLDR: we optimized cars, and still working on AI :wink:

Because there isn’t a visual way to show optimization we decided to put this cool Halloween-style image here :jack_o_lantern::red_car::jack_o_lantern:

4. OTHER IMPROVEMENTS

Also, we did some other stuff, but they were so minor we forgot them. Yeah, yeah, we should write them down, I know… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The updated Military Base and Snow Forest Camps maps look fantastic! The more you update the maps, the better they look; keep up the great work. I definitely approve of the Halloween-styled scene as a show of optimization! It’s such a “clean” screenshot. :star_struck:

I wish your team the best of luck in finishing the optimization of the AI before the New Year; you guys can do it! :partying_face:

1 Like

i dont remember… how much are you planning to charge for the game once it releases

2 Likes

We are trying our best to make maps as polished and detailed as they can be but, to be honest, there is never enough time for tiny little details :sob:
Thank you for your support! Means a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

At this moment I can’t tell you for sure. Especially because we delayed the Early Access and renewed our plan. Now the pricing of Chaos on Wheels depends on many things but to give you an “answer”, I’m thinking the price will be a bit higher that the average indie game (If we assume that the average indie game costs from 15$ to 25$).

1 Like

I hear you there; regardless, the maps look lovely! I can’t wait to try them out for myself again. Will there be another beta test before the early access launch? :eyes:

1 Like

Yes, for sure it will be.
At the beginning of the next year, we might have more detail about beta testing but for now, all I can say is that we are planning to do beta testing and involve the community to be a part of CoW’s development.
Hope we will gather enough feedback to make CoW the best as it gets :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hello everybody!
Just wanted to wish you all Happy Holidays :heart:
Hope you had an awesome year behind you and even better in front :crossed_fingers:

Images are here just to make a post prettier :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Fantastic, that is excellent news; thank you for the heads up! I think involving the community with aspects of “CoW’s” development is the right idea. Also, thank you for the holiday wishes and for providing these phenomenal Christmas/New Year-themed CoW screenshots! They’re going to make lovely wallpapers. :star_struck:

Happy Holidays to you and your team! :christmas_tree: :fireworks:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

A new year a new update :sparkler:
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday :blush: and you are ready to shine in 2023!

This update won’t be particularly long but despite the holidays, Acodeon team brought you a new update for Chaos on Wheels. Another two maps are set and ready for Early Access.

1. VILLAGE - REWORK

The mission for upgrading our maps is still going. This time, Village got reworked upside-down :upside_down_face:. We decided to make a brand new layout for the Village and we did it. With a new layout, the map feels more natural… just a small innocent village surrounded by a green environment. Described in 2 words – small and peaceful. But not anymore. Helios is there and chaos came with him. It is on you now to bring peace once again.

“Once a peaceful place filled with joy and carelessness now is turned into a prison. Now no one is safe while Helios’s army lurks in the streets.”

Link → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDnYOv7rRGk&ab_channel=Acodeon

2. ABANDONED RACE TRACK - POLISH

To be honest, Abandoned Race Track was looking too “clean” to be called abandoned. Now when her time came for the polish, we ruined her :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. The atmosphere of the map now gives a more “abandoned” vibe. Dirty road, garbage on the ground, old barrels everywhere, tall grass, and of course Helios’s army.

“Long forgotten place for car lovers now collects rust and dust. It might be abandoned but it is far from a safe place.”

Link → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0-3XCfwYP4&ab_channel=Acodeon

3. OTHER IMPROVEMENTS

We made a lot of minor improvements but there is nothing much to say so we will only name a few of them.

• Mud pit rework
  • New map thumbnails
  • New intro videos
  • Lights poles adjustment
  • Weather system adjustment
  • …and more
1 Like

2023 will be a good year, especially since Chaos on Wheels releases this year! I love the direction you and your team decided to take with reworking the layout of the “Village” map. It looks good, and I know I will have a blast racing through it! :racing_car:

The “Abandoned Race Track” looks fantastic and seems so quiet now; too quiet! :eyes: :robot:

Happy New Year, and thank you for another awesome update. :raised_hands:

2 Likes