Certain meshes have flickering black splotches which upon closer inspection say "Your scene contains a skydome mesh with a sky material but it does not cover that part of the screen"

I am seeing this on a variety of vegetation meshes and even when all sky lights are disabled, local point lights still cause this issue with the same message. If the object has no rotation it behaves perfectly fine. Otherwise it appears everywhere. I dont even know what this message means. “does not cover ‘that’ part of the screen” what part is ‘that’ referring to? Why is it appearing on a static mesh unlit by any sky light?

Is your sky dome positioned at 0,0,0?

This may have to do with light baking and light mode. Try to isolate the phenomenon, setting a single light to see if it causes the blotches, then change that light between Stationary, Static, and Moveable. Maybe this could help.

On my side I see this sometimes happens when building lighing with the GPU. Just build normally (with CPU) at least once and the problem seems to go away.

Any update on this? I have the same problem and can’t find a sollution for it.

I’m facing the same issue and desperately need a solution!
Did anyone find one by now?

Increase the size of your skydomemesh. The black sky thing was happening to me and that’s how I fixed it.

Try making the material 2 sided it worked for me. Thank you.

1 Like

If this is a nanite mesh?
Try changing the minimum residency under Nanite settings in the models property window
I changed mine to 512 and that solved my issue.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I’m having the same problem. Disconnecting the world position offset node in the material editor resolved the issue for me. However, I would like to know if there’s another solution to this.