Can't package my project ( NetFxSDK )

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): ERROR: Could not find NetFxSDK install dir; this will prevent SwarmInterface from installing. Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higher.
PackagingResults: Error: Could not find NetFxSDK install dir; this will prevent SwarmInterface from installing. Install a version of .NET Framework SDK at 4.6.0 or higher.

Can anyone figure it out how to solve this? i try to reinstall visual studio?

13 Likes

I have the same in 4.24. In 4.23 everything works fine. The latest .NET is installed.

I have the same problem trying to convert a project from 4.23 to 4.24 !

Hello! As mentioned in the output, you need to install/update .NET Framework. You can do this by running Microsoft Visual Studio Installer, then click on “Modify” next to installed version of Visual Studio, switch tab to Individual Components and check latest version of .NET SDK.

80 Likes

Thanks, crioto**, **that did the job!

3 Likes

Thanks, I installed the SDK - I think that makes sense, perhaps the error message could be a bit more specific about this?

3 Likes

I have the same issue, yet I’ve updated everything, and it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Omg thank you. So for me I just got a new machine so I need to install Visual Studio and for whatever dumb reason, it did not installt he lastest . NET FRAMEWORK …thank you crioto

2 Likes

Visual Studio Installer - Modify - Individual components - search “SDK” - select latest version of .NET Framework X.X SDK - Modify

10 Likes

Great thread. Modifying the VS Installer solved the issue for me with UE 4.24.3.

1 Like

hey, it really worked!! thanks a lot

1 Like

problem fixed here : install a version of .net framework sdk at 4.6.0 or higher . unreal - YouTube

2 Likes

The solution of @crioto also worked for me. However, when I created a project the error would still show up. If this also happens to you DON’T close unreal engine or even the error message. After ± 5 minutes the error will disappear and Unreal engine will start like it is supposed to. This only happens the first time after installing .NET framework.

U can solve the problem by installing .Net Developer Pack from here: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/downloa…ramework/net48
this pack is for .net 4.8. You should find the version that matches on your computer

4 Likes

i have the same issue with UE_2.45

Silly problem, but installing the sdk through the visual studio installer fixed it. Thanks!

This solve worked just fine for me. Thank you.

2 Likes

You can do this by running Microsoft Visual Studio Installer, then click on “Modify” next to the installed version of Visual Studio, switch the tab to Individual Components and check the latest version of .NET SDK.

Thanks, it helped me too on 4.25

Yep… this video is 100% correct. Thanks!