Cant make underground area under a river.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

World Building

Summary

Sorry I think I solved this as I was writing it, but the water still flickers in and out when flying around in the editor, see the last photo, you can still see the water on the other side, Im thinking that I need to rebuild my HLOD, and it should work.
Figured that I would still post it to have the information for someone in the future

Hello, I’m not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong. Please let me know if there is a way to fix this.

So I have a symmetrical map with a river dividing the 2 sides. I put underground tunnels to go under the river. I used the viability brush in the landscape tool to make the entrance to go underground. But it seems that when I cut thru the land that is connected to the river, it shows water at the entrance.

So I messed with things for a while trying to fix it, and it seemed like turning off streaming fixed it so I thought, I uploaded my map and it was all good.

the other day I went to update my map, added a few things my memory was capped so I turned streaming back on, everything looked fine in the editor, so I uploaded the map. Then I notice that the live version is doing it now, so I open the editor back up and the water is now showing again. I tried disabling streaming, and messing with the landscape, but I can not seem to fix it this time around. What could I be doing wrong?

1091×587 74.2 KB

1454×605 56.1 KB

1307×605 115 KB
I think I just found the Solution: Delete the ocean
1873×571 91.7 KB

1920×594 102 KB

Steps to Reproduce

Make land
Add a river that is raised
use the visablity brush to make an underground section to go under the river.

Expected Result

Water to not fall thru the underground

Observed Result

Water jus glitches to the nearest ocean

Platform(s)

UEFN

Island Code

5067-7311-5507

Additional Notes

original post with pics: How do I stop River water effecting underground areas?

Now that the water is fixed, I cant shoot any weapon past the part where the water would be…