Can't log into UEFN

Summary

Attempting to load into UEFN does not work as UEFN fails to log in at roughly 90%, regardless of what account you may be logged into. Editor pops up for a moment, then closes.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

Not sure. Just started happening randomly. Open UEFN, wait until progress reaches 90%.

Expected Result

UEFN will fail to log in, which pops up a window that says “Login failed: Unable to login to your Epic Games account at this time. Please try again later.
Unreal Editor for Fortnite requires a successful login to run. Shutting down.”

Observed Result

UEFN fails to log in, and closes.

Platform(s)

PC

Additional Notes

I have been attempting to fix this for roughly 4 days, to no avail. I’m not sure if this is something to do with OneDrive, since I’ve deleted everything related to it. This problem started sometime after the latest patch to Fortnite (31.10). If you have any fixes, please let me know!

hi @wastedfnc

This is a common problem you need to open the Epic Games Launcher

see
UEFN will not install correctly from Launcher on any Windows 11 (eleven) version needs to run Elevated "Run As Administrator - General / Issues and Bug Reporting - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

Hasn’t worked for me, unfortunately. There’s no file in that directory that’s called “UnrealEditorFortnite-Win64-Shipping.exe”.

hi @wastedfnc
Then you need to verify your installation as anti-virus has
wrongly removed programs

urc.exe and urc.dll get flagged as Malware from Microsoft Defender

run epic launcher as administrators and verify then launch UEFN from inside the launcher

I tried this, with Windows Security disabled so that it couldn’t delete anything. Did not change the outcome, as the files are still not present in the directory. Additionally, I updated the launcher, but that has not done anything for me either.

H @wastedfnc
Like others say

Please reach out to support at https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/c-Category_CreatorPrograms using the contact us button at the bottom of the page.

Yeah… no. Explained the issue the same as I did here and they told me they couldn’t be of assistance.

Do you have files hidden? View hidden files and folders in Windows - Microsoft Support

The “Hidden items” box is checked, but there’s no executable file from what I can tell. The program still opens regardless.
This could potentially be something to do with having the install be on an external HDD, but I can’t move it to my main drive as I don’t have sufficient space. Not sure what to do from here.