Cannot get VS22 working with UE5

Hey,

So, today I would like to start my adventure with C++ and Unreal Engine 5.4.2.
I’ve installed VS22 and spent a couple of hours tinkering to get everything working properly - however, I can’t seem to get over what seems to me, the last problem.

So, every time I open some CPP script in Visual Studio, I always get the same three errors.

In English, they should say:

member function declared using the "override" modifier will not transmit the base class component AMBUSH (ArchiveProxy.h [Line: 157])

member function declared using the "override" modifier will not transmit the base class component AMBUSH (ArchiveProxy.h [Line: 167])

identifier "FTextureBuildSettings" is undefined AMBUSH (Texture.h [Line: 2017])

I am also concerned that Solution Explorer contains items that are “Ignored” - is that how it should be?

I am also attaching a screenshot of the UnrealEngine Integration Configuration tab

Any help is welcome - I would like to start “the adventure” already.

In the solution explorer notice that UE5 is in bold. Your game name “AMBUSH” should be in bold. It should be the default project. Right click the project name and choose “Set as Startup Project”

W Solution Explorer zauważ że UE5 jest wytłuszczone. Twoja gra powinna być domyślnym projektem.
Kliknij prawym przyciskiem na nazwę twojej gry i wybierz “Set as Startup Project” (pewnie będzie Domyślny projekt startowy)

1 Like