Can someone help me with inserting images png/jpg into UE5? blows minds

Can’t import resized 50% jpg/png images into Static Mesh Component, converstation from jpg to fbx,tga can’t work either. As a Photo Artist I’m kind of a potato to be honest in ue5 engine, tried to research problems what can cause, for more help was on to find this forum for more helpful answers as they said it can affect a lot of things to import anything.

Message dialog closed, result: Ok, title: Message, text: Failed to import
Cannot import texture with non-power of two dimensions
The dimensions need to be a power of 2–so like 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, dimensions measured not as textures.

more detail of images; 24 bit,vertical-horizontal resolution 96dpi,ProPhoto RGB.

It be great if someone could help me on this and thank you for your time.

Well, like the message says, you would need to make sure it has a power of 2 dimension in both axis (x and y). Which means one of those resolutions listed there.

But also i don’t think you can “import a jpg/png into a mesh” nor convert it to a fbx directly.
a png would be a texture, applied to a mesh. but those are 2 different things. quite different. in fact a png is 2d and a mesh is 3d.

Due to how Nikon handles files and naming it’s original files. Thanks btw.

1 Like

ALL THE TIME THE MESSAGE :SELECTED DONE BUT NOTHING SHOW UP IN THE GAME ,I CHOOSE IMGE TO REPLACED WITH the actor texture

any help