Can someone explain in layman terms how to set-up an emissive material to be toggled on /off with a key press?

Can someone explain in layman terms how to set-up an emissive material to be toggled on /off with a key press?
I know there was a similar question asked before but I don’t understand all the steps so I would appreciate if someone could explain the process step by step.
Many thanks.

Thank you so much zacharymwade! Got it working in 5 minutes! Sooooooo much easier than the approach I had tried before: How can I toggle brightness with a timeline on an emissive map? - Blueprint - Unreal Engine Forums

Great stuff. Thanks again.

You could try using a Material Paramter Collection and simply reference it in your character’s blueprint and fire an event that uses it. Sorry for the lacking detail, I gotta leave, but figured this could get you started.

Edit: Got an extra minute, haha. Set up a Material Paramater Collection that has one Scalar Value, call it something like “EmissiveMultiplier” and in your texture, use that scalar and multiply it by your emissive texture and plug the result of the multiplication into the emissive value. This way, you can use “0” for off and “1” for on.

If you could click the little check mark by my answer, I’d appreciate it. It helps other people know this has been answered and gives them the answer if they look it up. Glad I could help. :]