Caffeine - A Caffeine Infused Sci-Fi Horror Game (UE4 Trailer + IndieGoGo)

Hi guys!
I’m Dylan, some random dude who is developing Caffeine :slight_smile:
Here is my Current Project details!

Caffeine is a quirky psychological horror adventure game with an atmosphere heavily inspired by games like Condemned, FEAR and Outlast.

Set in the near future, the entire population of Earth is vigorously addicted to coffee. Once Earth’s caffeine reserves are depleted, the largest of the corporations build massive lumbering space ships with the sole purpose of seeking out the minerals needed to synthesize artificial caffeine.

You awaken aboard one of these caffeine mining ships alone. Before long you realize that you are a young boy with no memory of what has transpired on this seemingly empty space station.

watch?v=DQFPnVbhKBo
watch?v=LwhaR24pSlA

Cheers Guys!

I’ve been following you since the early teasers you were posting on IndieDB! I can’t wait to see it shipped :slight_smile: Keep up the excellent work.

The lighting, atmosphere and general theme is incredible! Just watching this short video got my adrenaline pumping, honestly! I’m very excited for the final outcome and will be getting my hands on it as soon as I can!

Looks good :smiley: Will bake this at IndieGogo.

But why you didn’t go to Kickstarter? It seems to me game projects are having much more chances getting funded over there…

Looking absolutely amazing, great tone and setting a great use of lighting, Looks like you’ve got a fun universe to traverse in, great work on your marketing side too, I had a few questions about the building side of it all,

• I’m guessing they are all old UE3 assets you ported over, any real issues with the materials/textures?
  • Did you turn off the eye Adaptation in the engine? If so why and how?

I kind of like the adaptation but it also makes building difficult and throws off some other affects, so i was curious if you could tweak it so its less…prominent

I love the lighting and atmosphere, nice work.

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:

I went IndieGoGo because of Paypal support and flexible funding, but a few people have been saying it would get funded over on Kickstarter in no time, i guess we will see aha, I’ll still be working on the game if I don’t reach my goal, it will just take longer :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeh for these videos I had turned it off with a post process volume by setting the min and max to the same value, it messes with the bloom on lights, but recently I have turned it back on with a much smaller range so it won’t get rid of the bloom at any time.

has a nice look, deff got the spooky-effect

looks/sounds great!

Looks ******* sweet. Great work so far.

, looking forward to be released.

Looks nice and polished so far.

Have you watched the movie called Pandorum?
Trailer: - YouTube

Has many ideas that you can implement in your game.

I’d make the air look dusty and the walls a bit wore out.

to me the player size is too small, typical unreal there :D. other than that, real !!

Thanks everyone!

yeh I have!, Pandorum, Solaris etc have all been big influences so far :slight_smile:

Because of UE4 these indie games I keep seeing are just getting to be amazing! The quality is close to AAA on UE3/UDK it really amazes me im so excited to play this!

Looks stunning. Very atmospheric.

Cool stuff man! My only suggestion would be to lower the height if of the countertops a bit. They seem like they are about head high, or raise your eye height a bit.

I think i’d read that you’re supposed to be a child, hence the low perspective. But I agree, those seem to be the only things that are too high, the hallways, etc. don’t seem to give the perspective of a small child.

Thanks for all the nice comments aha :slight_smile: I have some newish footage today :slight_smile:
watch?v=u_1Xi8cBEew

Good Looking. Keep going :eek: