Build Lighting not completing. How do I fix this?

I am having an issue with building the lighting with my project. Last night I had tried to build my project and it keeps stopping and sitting on 80% on the log and 43% on the building lighting popup display on the screen. It had sat there for nearly 14 hours before I stopped it. After I had stopped the building and lowered the lighting quality down to preview lighting setting and tried again. This time is seems to once again stop at the same spot in time and again hang up. Any one have any idea of a cause or how to fix this problem? Here is a screenshot that will show you what I mean by hang on 80%. I get no error messages or any thing except lighting needs built.

It is working fine. It just takes a long looooong time. I had the same problem in certain scenarios. As long as it moves from the 0 to 1% it is working. It as multiple waypoints where the lighting keeps loading for a long time at the same percentage. Often this is around 0%, 80%, 97%. Possibly some more. So hang in tight and let it finish, or if it takes too long, try to change something in your lighting (changing lights from static to dynamic seems to help sometimes.) Also having a lot of overlapping lightmap uv’s can cause this loading to be very slow.

Thank you for the kind reply and info. I think I may have narrowed down part of the problem, but not totally positive yet. The slow building never used to take so long until the last update of unreal 4.17 to 4.17.2. With this lighting build, it took approx 20 min to reach 80% lighting or 43.16% Distributed Progress as above, but still sitting there for the past 8 hours since I posted this post. I believe it may be possible it has something to do wiht the LODs on the landscape but have no idea how to solve this part. Here is a screenshot on that which I had just discovered. In the attached photo, you can see the error of the lighting of the landscape and the time(s) and length it took to reach this point. Thanks again for your time and help.

I do haven’t used 4.17 myself yet, so I am not sure if it is problem related to the new version. Could be. Either way the warning mentions static lights. Are they indeed static or stationary? Try changing them to moveable. Alternativly try this with the meshes themself. That is as far as my knowledge goes really. I am quite new to unreal myself (currently working on my first game).

Hello, sorry for late reply. Thanks for the incite and the help as well. I believe I figured the problem out. I had simply deleted the Map build Data Registry for the project and things seemed to smoothed out again and works the way it used to.