Build error MSB3037

My question is similar to this one. When I try to build my project, it builds fine. However, if I add a public variable of the type UPaperSpriteComponent and attempt to build, it gives me this error:

1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: ...\MyFirst2DGame\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyFirst2DGame.pdb
1>  Cumulative action seconds (4 processors): 0.00 building projects, 69.87 compiling, 0.00 creating app bundles, 0.00 generating debug info, 0.00 linking, 0.00 other
1>  UBT execution time: 43.14 seconds
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(38,5): error MSB3073: The command ""D:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.7\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" MyFirst2DGameEditor Win64 Development "...\MyFirst2DGame\MyFirst2DGame.uproject" -rocket" exited with code -1.

I suspect the solution may be the same as with the topic I linked to in the beginning of this question. He says:

The exe you download from the link is an extractor, not an installer.

But he (rather frustratingly) never goes on to explain what link that is.

How do I resolve this issue with building my project? Do I do it by installing DirectX? Where’s a link to the specific DirectX installer (or extractor) I should download?

Turns out Error MSB3037 is a pretty generic error, and the whole DirectX thing was a red herring. My actual issue was not including the correct headers, which I have since corrected.