Bug? WorldInfo_0 needs rebuilt lighting. But I've done that

Branch: Binary from unreal Launcher

Build: 4.3.0-2215663

For some reason every time I build lighting then run the game in editor or stand alone window the lighting disappears and it says I have to rebuild lighting. It also states in the map check “WorldInfo_0 Maps need lighting rebuilt”.

But I’ve done this!

In the editor all looks great. Everywhere else No shadows are visible, it looks like the lights need to be… well… rebuilt! When I get back into the editor the lighting is great → built…

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Edit: I have managed to fix the “WorldInfo_0 Maps need lighting rebuilt” error enabling “Force no Precomputed lighting” Then building lighting twice, on the second build it deletes lightmaps and the error goes away. Since then it hasn’t showed up.
However the built lighting still only shows up in the editor (editing mode) and not when I play the game in either the editor window or a stand alone game. I’ve attached screenshots below. I’ve built the lighting yet is still asks to rebuild lighting. I’ve tried to package the game to see if this just an editor bug however the package always fails (note: I have “Global Default Server Game Mode” set to “my game mode”)

Repro Steps:

1. build lighting. Once done, it looks correct in editor.
  2. Play in either editor, standalone, or new editor window.
  3. Always the same result - baked lighting is not present.

System Specs:
Windows 7 Home 64-Bit,
Core i7 3930 3.2GHz,
32Gig ram,
Single Geforce GTX 580 1 Gig Ram,
Direct X 11

In Editor

Standalone

Hey JIJ -

Thank you for your report. I will begin investigation into this issue as soon as possible. If I am unable to reproduce the problem, or I need more information, I or another staff member will follow up with some additional questions for you. Otherwise, I will post an ‘Answer’ once I have logged the issue in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

In the meantime, please be sure to review our suggestions for how to report a bug, and feel free to edit your post if you have additional information to provide:

Could you also post screenshots of your map check information as well?

Thank you.

Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have managed to fix the “WorldInfo_0 Maps need lighting rebuilt” error enabling “Force no Precomputed lighting” Then building lighting twice, on the second build it deletes lightmaps and the error goes away. Since then it hasn’t showed up.

However the built lighting still only shows up in the editor (editing mode) and not when I play the game in either the editor window or a stand alone game. I’ve attached screenshots below. I’ve built the lighting yet is still asks to rebuild lighting. I’ve tried to package the game to see if this just an editor bug however the package always fails (note: I have “Global Default Server Game Mode” set to “my game mode”) Using engine 4.3

In Editor

Standalone player

Hey JIJ -

Are you running a dedicated server with clients and if so how many are you using? Also if you are not running a server based map and you run just the level without any networking setup does the lighting work?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Hey JIJ -

The reason I asked about the network is because you mentioned that, “(note: I have “Global Default Server Game Mode” set to “my game mode”),” normally you would leave this blank unless you planned for the game to run on a network or be network based. My thought was that something was not be replicated to a server client.

I am glad you got everything working though.

Eric Ketchum

Hi Eric,

No network setup. I’m running plain Jane off my PC.

I think it’s definitely a problem with my project as I created a new level and recreated the map (It was all in blueprints so it took about 10 minutes) and built the lighting, which worked in both the editor and in stand alone player. However I couldn’t get it to package.

So I started a new project and migrated the blueprints, recreated everything from scratch using a basic FPS blueprint template. Now everything lights, bakes, and packages correctly.

So in short, it’s fixed…

However if you’re interested in digging through the project to see what the problem is I can send over the level and/or project if you like. It may be worth looking into as it was really frustrating and happened for no particular reason.

Cheers and thanks so much for taking the time.

P.S. Engine is great. :slight_smile:

I also found that if floor levels in an office complex are duplicated within a blueprint the only “level” which gets it’s lighting baked is the root, the rest don’t get baked lighting. If I split the “levels” into their own blueprint everything gets baked lighting.

Cheers.

Had this problem aswell, simply clone your project and its fixed no need to redo everything and migrate.

how do you “clone” a project?