[Bug?, UE5.2.1] confused about the "Add" component button on the editor, problem for level designers.

Intentionally I add box collision components to the “SplineTriggers” on instances from within the level editor. These are not added on the class itself, as they are positioned per instance by the level designer.

Whenever I compile the class the box collisions forget that they were added under “SplineTriggers” and appear below the root, then they won’t be found when I run the following on BeginPlay:

Just… how / why does this do what it does and how do I make it not do that?
I just want to dump collision boxes under a certain component from within the level editor so that they are automatically injected as overlap triggers for some functionality.

To get it to work with a workaround I just scanned the root for direct children and if they were collision boxes then … done.

However, why when I add a component to a deeper level on an instance within the level are those components moved all the way back to the root when I hit the compile button? Why can’t they stay in the proper hierarchy? This is unmanagable.