[BUG] Mobility Node in Component always displays Movable

I’ve a reproducible issue:

Create a blueprint with Scene Root set mobility to static.
Print Enum of “DefaultSceneRoot–> Get Mobility”

Apparently it is always showing as movable.
I apologize in advance if i’m doing something wrong here. I strongly believe this is an error. I’m saying this becuase I have mistaken reported this as a bug a while ago. in [BUG] InstancedStaticMesh's Mobility refused to be set to Static - Rendering - Epic Developer Community Forums

apparently issue is with data derived from mobility and not mobility itself.

Note that this is also case when i make InstancedStaticMesh.

Hi Frozenfire,

I wasn’t able to reproduce this in 4.7.5. Are you using 4.7.5 or an earlier version?

To test this, I created a new Actor Blueprint and set Mobility of its DefaultSceneRoot to Static, and dropped it into level. I got DefaultSceneRoot > Mobility > Enum to String > Print on Event Begin Play. As expected, it printed “Static” during PIE. Am I missing any reproduction steps?

Hi Frozenfire,

We haven’t heard back from you about this for a while, so I’m resolving this issue for now. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please feel free to respond with information requested above. Thanks!

Hi . This is weird. It seems my earlier reply didnt get through.

Apparently I tested this and found out that problem is on getting mobility during construction script. It seems yo always return movable.

I test it on event begin play and it did work correctly. But not on construction script. Can you test it put? Its still showing movable for me.

Hi Frozenfire,

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I can verify that I see same thing in 4.7.5; Mobility enum returns Movable when I print it from Construction Script. I tested this in our main internal build, and it appears this has already been fixed. This fix should roll out with 4.8 release. If you see same behavior after that, please let us know. Thanks!