Brighten Scene Capture?

Hey. I’ve got a scene capture 2D that I’m using in my game, but I’ve put it in a fairly dark area. I need the area to be dark, but I need it to be brighter on the scene capture. How can I make it brighter ONLY on the scene capture but not brighten the actual map itself?

Don’t know if it’s possible or not, but why don’t you just leave the scene capture as-is and brighten it in the material that you are applying it to?

Scene Capture 2D actor has its own post process settings that you can use to brighten the captured texture.

What settings could I use for this?

Play with Gamma, Gain, Contrast and Global Illumination(if you are using static lighting) parameters.

Hm… First of all, there is no Global Illumination post process setting. Second, I tried messing with the gamma, gain, and contrast (turning them up) but it still looks exactly the same…?

Oh right…Set Capture Source to Final Color instead of Scene Color in scene capture actor’s properties. And Global Illumination must be there; the fifth one from the bottom.

Oh, yes, I see the Global Illumination. Didn’t show up when I searched in the search bar for it earlier, though. Even after doing what you said, it still looks exactly the same - very dark.

Bump. Hoping to get an answer soon.

The scene capture is linked to a 2D render target, right? And the way it’s being displayed in the level is through the material? Then just go in the material and multiply the 2D render target by however bright you want the capture to be. In your camera settings, make sure you’re capturing in HDR, not LDR.

2 Likes

Works absolutely perfect! Thanks so much!

No problem :slight_smile: