[Blueprints] Prototype Menu System

hi Thanks for ur fast answer…
Yep i have special map …The 'map_MainMenu" :slight_smile:
But think it’s relative path problem// I wanna load a Map called ODYSSEA3 wich is at root folder …But i don"t know where to change the path URL in your Blueprint.

BTW, i managed to make it works moving my “ODYSSEA3” map tfrom Root to “Prototoype MenuSystem” folder and rename it 'MApSimple LEvel" but seems there’s a conflict, i cannot move my SinglePlayer anymore in viewport.

So sorry i’m sure it’s stupid question.
Thanks.

Alright, so if it’s working when relative path remains the same, then the issue might be associated with loading the map in blueprint. Just open up the BP_GameInstance blueprint, and set your map names in MapNameArray. The first index corresponds to main menu map and the second one to a gameplay map. Try replacing the second element with your ODYSSEA map.

The tutorial instructions you referred to earlier were probably from a version released a couple of years ago. The project has undergone some changes since then. So just make sure that you’re using the BP_HUD_MainMenu & BP_HUD_InGame blueprints as your default HUD classes as well.

Big Thanks that was why i’m looking for…! got some errors but working… :wink:

Happy to help :slight_smile:

:)…working on editor…
but when i package project for windows 64 …and push “START GAME”…it stay on Main_Menu… Other thing to change?
Thanks.

I’m not sure about this one. Could you try right clicking on the root folder in content browser and select the Fix Redirectors option?

No change…:frowning:

Does it say the same when if you use the default sample map as the second level?

Thanks…i didn’t want to push as my questions are certainly too stupid …and didn’t waste to loose your time.
I just made a 1 mn video , think it’s gonna be more easy to see what i’m doing wrong :slight_smile:
Sorry…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz64…ature=youtu.be

Hey, don’t worry about it. All your default settings are fine based on what was shown in the video. So the issue might be associated with the transition to new map itself. Try overriding the game mode for your custom map to BP_GameMode_InGame. Alternatively, you can use your own game mode but have its default HUD class to BP_HUD_InGame. Either one of these changes should ideally make it work as expected.

Nope same result …If it’s not abused, can u try same setup as mine? or call a map at root level ?

Yea I did try that approach. Two things worked for me. The solution mentioned in the last post and removing the “Update Game State to loading screen” node just before the open level node in BP_GameInstance. You can try out the second approach. It will remove the loading screen, but it might get the job done.

I need help with something, so I set up another menu(I’m making an rpg this is an inventory menu), I made a gamestate for it, I set it up in the game instance class, I copied some of the code for the pause menu to pause when opening it, I replaced the referencing to the pausemenu with my inventory menu and it doesn’t work, I pressed the button I set up(tab) and nothing happens, am I missing something?

Hi, have you tried changing the widget class reference variable in the UpdateHUDState function of BP_GameInstance?

yes I did I duplicated a set widget class reference node and changed it to my inventory widget, and yes I did connect the exec line to the inventory gamestate, btw I already said this when I said “I set it up in the game instance class”

Well if you just want to display a different widget instead of the pause menu, that’s all there is to it. You could add a breakpoint at the end of AddNewWidgetToViewport function (in BP_GameInstance) and check if the ActiveUIWidget variable holds a reference to your inventory widget.

never mind I figured it out I forgot to connect the “set Local New Widget Class” node to the “Add New Widget to Viewport” node in the Game Instance class, so it works now, but it doesn’t pause the game I need to examine and copy the right code

Thanks for all the great work you do Stormrage256, I recently revisited this project and was wondering what made you take out the “Continue” button for your latest version?

Well, I recently kind of did a complete rework on the core design of the template. If you have used the project earlier, you might have noticed that the ‘Continue’ button merely loaded the last played level. So I wanted to rebuild it with support for level selection as well as an actual save system for putting the player back where they last left off. The Level Selection system is already finished, as an independent project, but I’m planning to integrate it into this template sometime this month. And the Continue option, hopefully, soon after that.

Thanks for the fast reply, just interested, does the current project save the settings file to the same location like before? Love the work you are doing and hope you have a healthy and prosperous 2019