[Blueprints] Prototype Menu System

UMG Menu System v1.5 Update

The UMG Menu System has been updated to run natively on Unreal Engine v4.10. Listed below are the major changes included in this update:

• ScrollBoxes for video options replaced by ComboBoxes.
  • VSync option added to video options
  • Mouse Sensitivity added to gameplay options.
  • Now detects all supported system resolutions instead of using hardcoded resolutions.
  • General Code Standardization & Optimization.
  • Aesthetic changes for UMG widgets.

Source code at: https://github.com/Stormrage256/UMGMenuSystem

Known Bugs: Using Pause menu to return to Main menu from in-game levels will cause a crash in PIE mode. This is due to an engine bug that was introduced in Unreal Engine v4.10.3 & has already been reported to the Epic Games team. The temporary workaround is to use Standalone mode, since the crash only occurs when running in PIE mode.

Hey, Vsync has been added to the Video options in the latest update. More advanced options will be added in future updates.

Hi Stormrage, thank you so much for contributing all this hard work to help Unreal 4 developers.

Unfortunately I am having a bit of a problem testing out the latest project, I am trying to integrate the new menu system into our game, but we get "Accessed None ‘GameInstanceRef’ from node Switch on EGameState in graph ‘EventGraph’ " for our Player Controller

We have changed the game instance in our project settings, and we’re troubleshooting this as we speak, but so far no results. The controller that you provide works, but not the one we have made ourselves. Would greatly appreciate your insight on this problem. Thank you for your time.

My fault, I forgot to include the BP_InGameActor to my levels.

Hope we can make a donation to you or purchase an asset some time in the near future.

Thank you ZenrokStudios. Glad to hear that you were able to find a fix. :slight_smile:

Discovered only now and is very nice, just today i finished my main menu and in game menu example project (probably i will share it tomorrow on the forum), same here based on the Impetus Games source code :D, i will dig into your project to see how you have implemented the menu and i will compare it with mine :slight_smile:

Cool, if it’s based on blueprint, I’ll check it out. I really haven’t seen other methods of implementation as well, but Impetus’ new modular menu system is something that I’m quite interested in.

Hi, I am from Impetus Games, thanks for your interest in the Modular Menu System. I don’t want to spoil or hijack this thread, so I will not talk about the MMS here. But if you are interested in our menu system, as you say, then I am more than happy to answer and discuss any questions you might have in the MMS forum thread :slight_smile:

Mine is not completely based on Blueprint, i exposed some C++ code in three BlueprintFunctionLibrary for controls, graphics and audio settings, don’t worry, is not too complicated stuff :slight_smile:

Nice to meet you haimat, most of the other menu systems that I’ve seen so far are somewhat similar to what I’ve already got here. I’m kind of neck deep in work at the moment, but hopefully the storm will pass in a few weeks. :slight_smile: So I’m planning to get MMS sometime next month.

Cool, let me know when you release it. I don’t have visual studio, so I probably won’t be able to go through the C++ part, but I’d like to see the blueprint part of the implementation.

Released today, you can find it here

:o

EDIT:

Hey, you can download Visual Studio COmmunity 2015 for free here

Thanks, I’m getting it now. My knowledge about setting sound systems is almost non existent. So it’s good to see that you got sound options covered. :smiley:

Bonjour,

Excellent travail !!!
Merci pour ce partage.
C’est exactement ce que je recherchais.

Best Regards

After a long hiatus, I’ve started working on the Prototype Menu System again. The project has been updated with a lot of improvements to the existing codebase and now supports the latest v4.19 edition of Unreal Engine. It’s still work-in-progress with the audio/gameplay settings still not ready, but you can still get the project in its current state from GitHub: **[https://github.com/RohitKotiveetil/U...typeMenuSystem

](GitHub - RohitKotiveetil/UnrealEngine--PrototypeMenuSystem: Main Menu System created using bluepri)**

For more details about the current feature set, check out: https://unrealpossibilities.blogspot…prototype.html

So i downloaded this project and its realy amazing how its made. But when i migrate it to my own project i just get a black screen wehn i hit play. The game-mode is the same, all settings are the same, i didnt toutch any blue prints but nothing is showing. Please help :confused:

Hi, I didn’t get a notification for this post for some reason. This is really late for a reply, but just in case you haven’t found out a way to get it working, I’d suggest setting your game instance to BP_GameInstance from the project. There’s a pretty good chance that your project might be using the engine’s native game instance class.

v2.1 edition now live on GitHub.

Change Log:

1. Added a new ‘Gameplay Options’ menu with the following customizable settings:
  • Mouse X Sensitivity
  • Mouse Y Sensitivity
  • Invert Mouse Y Axis

1. Game settings modifications now handled through the ‘BP_GameInstance’ blueprint.

Hi first of all thanks !
That’s abolutely great and what i’m looking for.
Before ask my question, …have to tell that i followed your tutorials on youtube, but as a total newbie this gave me an headache :slight_smile:
So first , once migrated to my project i got a black screen, i read… and change to Game Mode to BP_GameInstance, now it load fine, but when i click START, i got errors, which seems like chinese for me at this time (see screenshot )
Can you help me to solve this issue please?
Best regards

Hi , do you have any maps set for Editor Startup Map & Game Default Map options under the Maps & Modes section of your Project Settings?