Blueprint Ninja Challenge

Can you tell when we will get our reward ?

I dont know for sure. Im a participant too. The email they sent me stated it will likely ship in January 2022. Thats all I know.

1 Like

How can I try contacting Epic to ask what they are planning to write on the package declaration as the package value and shipping cost? Without knowing that, I cannot estimate the tax cost I’d have to pay upon package arrival thus I don’t know if I should cancel the whole thing.
I’d also like to know if they have by any chance a warehouse in the EU.
I tried going through the help&support pages but all I got was something like “This falls under some other support team, check the help&support pages”.

Hi , I can’t seem to send the PM, can you check if I’ve completed the challenge? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Or you could read the terms of participation and find out.

I actually read the terms before agreeing to them. The ARV is written there and maybe they’ll write that on the declaration or maybe they’ll write 0$ as it’s a gift in which case my country’s postal office will decide on the value (not sure if that’s good or bad). I don’t remember seeing anything regarding shipping in the terms of participation and if Epic writes the shipping cost on the declaration, I’ll have to pay tax on that value as well so… It would be nice to know more about it instead of waiting for the postman and be asked to pay perhaps over half the value of the package :slight_smile:
Of course, if they had a warehouse in the EU, none of this would matter in my case but maybe other people around the world would like to know this too.

1 Like

Im 100% sure they are NOT allowed to put $0 on the package. Even if it is a gift, it has value which had to be reported to the customs.
Im also pretty sure the $115 (if I remember correctly) is the retail price, not the cost of making it. They might write it with the cost of making, which will be much less than the full price (a hoodie might be sold in shops for $50 but only costs the shop $20). Also according to EU law you shouldnt need to pay anything but VAT which depends on where you live if the package is under EUR150.
Pretty sure Epic wont “pay it for us” with an EU warehouse, but who knows would be a nice suprise.

Disclaimer: Im not an expert just getting a lot of packages from all over the world and by experience I know a few things. All my knowledge might not be true in your county.

1 Like

Thank you! I never order outside of EU so I’m not sure about the regulations. VAT on the retail value is fine and acceptable. I was worried that retail value + shipping cost might exceed the 150 euros in which case I’m not sure what happens. I was also worried of possible brokerage fees with the delivery service they choose (I know some people had to pay those fees to UPS after ordering from the UK).
I guess it’ll probably be just VAT on 115$. At least I hope so.

Messaged!

I cannot send PM, please help me check whether I have completed the challenge

I participated in the Unreal Engine Mystery SWAG pack award-winning online learning challenge. I have completed all the requirements, but I have not yet received an e-mail regarding the result of this competition. Will it be canceled or will it be announced at another date?

2 Likes

Hi !

Is it normal that we don’t have any news about the competition or reward, since many (many) weeks ago?

Thanks!

@aekdfmmp, @creos, and @Miguel1900 - I’ve messaged! :slight_smile:

Hi
I’ve completed all of the tutorials and got all the badges but I didn’t get any email or message. Am I getting the mystery pack? It would be nice if you guys check it for me, thanks.

Hi !

I don’t have any news about the competition or reward, I want to know if i completed it , thank you very much!

Thanks!

@anonymous_user_d7e754d5 & @huibin1994 I’ve messaged! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I also signed up and completed the challenge, but never got an email. I sent a few emails to learning support and never heard back.

Screenshot 2021-12-07 103312

1 Like

My apologies to jump on the bandwagon but I was also quite chuffed to complete the challenge but then haven’t heard anything since finishing it. Could I get an update?

Will everyone who completed the challenge receive the SWAG or will it be random?

I’ve not heard from since providing my evidence 12 days ago. I would say it looks like this has been a massive debacle.

I can’t even get logged into the launcher to download the assets I 've purchased on the marketplace, so go figure!

1 Like