Blocker - Player rubberbands when playing in game

Issue: Player rubberbands when simply walking around in-game

To reproduce: Play game, and walk around

Evidence:

UPDATE: Was told to toggle OFF “Can Ever Affect Naviataion” to fix this.

However, I found that this toggle will revert to ON when the actor is saved…

Update

Can you try toggling off the “Use Auto Navmesh Flags” option as well? It’s the option in the navigation section in your screenshots.
( Disabling that should stop the “Can Ever Affect Navigation” option from toggling back on on save. )

I’ll give it a go, thank you. @SarahNoonan1

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

Toggled OFF the following settings in each of the static meshes that is being animated by a sequencer:
Use auto Navigation Flags
Can Ever Affect Navigation

Rubberbanding is no longer happening.

2 Likes

Hi, We are also having the rubberbands problem in our project.

We already toggled off “Use auto Navigation Flags” and “Can Ever Affect Navigation” for all static meshes in and out of the sequencers (as recommended on this thread). Still, it didn’t resolve our rubberbands problem.

Notes:
. The rubberbands were extreme until we removed all Sentry devices from the island a few days ago.
. The rubberband doesn’t happen if we launch a session and stay in edit mode for some minutes before starting the game.
. Once the session is connected, modify any actors to have it “Dirty”, then CTRL+Z to bring it back as it was. Then, in the editor, press “Push Changes”. After loading the changes (essentially nothing), we noticed that the memory had increased slightly, even though we pushed nothing. Then, starting the game will result in a smooth rubberbanding-free experience.

Any help that you can give us is very appreciated.
Thank you

Hello, I have a similar issue but the are less recurrent.
I noticed that It is more recurrent when there are more players in the game.

Can someone help me ?
Thank you in advance !

One quick update.
I removed all Device_guardSpawner_V2_C from the Island, and the rubberbanding is almost gone. I almost can’t see it anymore. I added back just one Device_GaurdSpanwer_V2_C, and the rubberbanding is back.
For some reason, the guard spawner is also causing some rubberbanding on our island.

I’m uploading videos showing this behavior.
One video has no Device_GuardSpawner_V2_C and no rubber banding, and the second one has only one Device_guardSpawner_V2_C, and you can see the rubber banding happening.

Can we get this new issue in a new bug thread. I would hate for this to be overlooked by the dev team because it is marked as resolved. Tag me in it too, I’d love to follow the progress of this rubber banding issue with these devices.