Black Triangles on Nanite mesh

In my Scene im using car models for the Background, and using Nanites is helping me a lot with my render times, the problem when is activated is that Im getting black artifacts on the mesh.

Someone know why this happens?, my normal geometry looks perfect

Tried with different shaders and is the same… Seems that is displaying a version with low triangles at that distance, and is causing the artifacts. Tried with different shaders and is the same.

Hi Capcaspa,

Interesting scene. I’m curious to know what the wireframe geometry/topology on the tops of those cars looks like.

Also curious about your workflow/pipeline - Looks like photogrammetry, but the ‘dithering’ towards the bottom of the pic makes it looks like a pointcloud.

Cheers

1 Like
2 Likes

Hello Astronomic.

The Cars are purchased models with clean topology

The dithering is because the light has a softshadow with a sample of 1, for performance. When I do my render i increase the sample to 32 to avoid the noise

IT WORKED!!! The Fallback Relative Error helps with most of the issues, but there is still tiny black spots.

r.Raytracing.Shadows.EnableTwoSidedGeometry 0 did the magic.
The Building are single sided, so I must close them to make sure the do shadows properly. But the cars now render smoothly with nanites. thanks

imagen

2 Likes

Oh, this sends my nightmares away :joy: thanks