**PLEASE NOTE: Version 1.0 of the template is now available on gumroad! Much of the information in this thread is now outdated - A new thread will be made in the coming days, along with a new demonstration video and some documentation content. Thank you to all who have helped out in the beta phase!
BLUEPRINT-POWERED SURVIVAL GAME TEMPLATE
BETA RELEASE FOR TESTING
BETA [REDUCED] PRICE: $10 - PURCHASE](https://gumroad.com/l/owAYw)
FINAL RELEASE PRICE: $40
*For a while I’ve been building a survival game template running on blueprints. It’s at the point where I am ready to release it into the wild but I want to ensure that it is at it’s absolute best before submitting it to the UE4 marketplace. As such I have put it up on Gumroad for a reduced price, the catch being that it currently has minimal documentation and there may be a few bugs in it (I haven’t come across any, but that’s why I need testers!).
WIP Thread: HERE
Gumroad listing: HERE
Demonstration video (lengthy demo of OLD alpha build, new video coming soon)
New features update.
More detailed information:
This template allows users to use an easy-to-manipulate template blueprint system to make the basis of a survival game in Unreal Engine 4. At this stage, the template is for sale at a reduced price as I need some assistance with testing.
The current (final) feature set for the Survival Game Template includes the following:
- **Data-Driven HUD: **A graphical display of all important information that is generated by the survival systems.
- **Graphical Inventory System: **Graphical semi-scalable inventory that allows players to look at information regarding to items they have acquired as well as use, destroy and drop items.
- **Dynamic Time of Day: **Users can set the length of time for one day to pass, as well as how much of this time is sunlight vs. night, what time of day the game world starts at on initial runtime, and whether there should be a clock displayed on screen.
- **Player Health System: **Health system driven by input from the other survival systems such as hunger, poison, etc. When player health reaches zero player will die.
- **Hunger System: **Player hunger system that drains over time as a factor of day counts. Once player hunger gets to a configurable threshold, visual cues/effects kick in and warn player of hunger state. At completely drained hunger, players take a configurable amount of damage over time.
- **Thirst System: **Player thirst system that drains over time as a factor of day counts. Once player thirst gets to a configurable threshold, visual cues/effects kick in and warn player of hunger state. At completely drained water levels, players take a configurable amount of damage over time.
- **Oxygen Management System: **Dual purpose oxygen system allowing designers to set up vacuum environment devoid of oxygen (such as space and underwater environments) with volume based ‘safehouses’, or volume based oxygen drains (such as bodies of water).
- **Bleeding Function and Blood Management System: **System for causing bleeding damage to player. Everytime player takes over a configurable threshold of damage, there is a configurable percent chance that the player will start to bleed. As they bleed over time, they will lose blood and eventually die due to damage from blood loss.
- **Stamina/Energy Management System: **Automatically replenishing stamina (when player is not running/etc.) that allows for advanced movement such as sprinting, etc. Basic sprint mechanic is also included in this template.
- **Torch System: **Player-toggleable torch that has a configurable cone of view, as well as the ability to need battery power. Torch can also be set to flicker once battery levels reach a configurable threshold for added effect.
- **Volume-Based Poison System: **Designers can place poison volumes, that will poison the player over time. The more poison the player has absorbed, the more damage they take over time. At dangerous levels of poisoning, visual cues/effects inform player of their dangerous state.
- **Multi-Faceted Dynamic Temperature System: **Player can be exposed to temperature. The player has their own body temperature which is impacted by temperature volumes. Designers can also set a world temperature based on day/night cycle to impact player and player’s body temperature will be altered accordingly.
As well as the base blueprints, there are a variety of simple assets, including a procedural landscape material, simple pickup materials, and some artwork, included in the downloadable archive.
*Please note that everything in here still requires some testing, but you will get all updates, including the final updates once testing is completed, without any further cost to yourself. Once you have purchased this, you get all future content for this release. At this time, there is no advanced documentation for the template (though there is a demo level to demonstrate the basic functionality), as this will be written based on what people need explained most. Likewise, in time, a video series will be added to my youtube channel explaining the template in much more detail. Please contact me for any support in the meantime.
Additionally, it is important to realise that this template is currently aimed at a single player survival experience, and not a multiplayer sandbox survival game. It would be possible to use this as a learning resource to build a game like Rust or H1Z1, but that is not the intent of this system.
Once testing is complete, the template will be released in full and the price will be raised significantly. I am offering the template for a lower price to those willing to help me develop the template further via testing. Please keep this in mind when considering purchase.*