Augmented Reality Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4

Hi Pan,

You need to create an occlusion map for your shirt.

The purpose of the occlusion map is to hide different parts of the avatar’s body, so it won’t occlude with the clothing.
I’ve attached adobe fuse’s region key uw map template for creating the occlusion map for clothing.

Black areas are 100% transparent (non visible)
White areas are 100% vissible

For example if you want to hide the legs of your avatar (because you are trying a pair of jeans jeans) you need to color the legs areas with black and leave the rest white.

I hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Horvath

Hello ,

First I wanted to thank you for what you have done, it’s really awesome and it works like a charm. :wink:
But I wanted to have some information about the kinect angle. How can I edit the ARVirtualMirror blueprint to hide the cloth when the person is turned by 90 degrees?
Also is there a way to fix the elbows and the knees when we bend them? They seem to be cut or something, I think it’s due to the avatar but if there is a way to fix that, I’ll be very pleased! Ideally, it would be nice if the area between the bones could be smoother.

Hello :
your plugin works great and it’s very easy to use, i wonder is there a way to make clothes look nice even when i turn myself back to the camera?

Hello,

Only Kinect 1 can track the user in full 360 degrees, Kinect v2 is only capable to track from the front. If you are turning away from the sensor it’s rotational data becomes unreliable.

Hello,

Only Kinect 1 can track the user in full 360 degrees, Kinect v2 is only capable to track from the front. If you are turning away from the sensor it’s rotational data becomes unreliable.

You can hide the avatar entirely by using a full black occlusion map.

Dear ,

I have today purchased the licensed version and unable to see the blue print file in it. I am trying to open it in UnReal engine 4.18 but unable to open it. When I try to open the project through unreal launcher i am unable to find any file within project folder. Kindly help advice and help me as I am new to UnReal engine. Thanks

Waiting for your response

Regards

Hi ,

First you need to compile the plugin in order to getting started.

Please check:
http://unreal4mirror.com/getting-started/

Once the plugin compiled you need to enable the plugin in the editor. After that you can access to all the blueprints.

Hi , we are trying to develop the control panel for unreal4mirror plugin based on Dot Net and successfully imported the static meshes at run time but unable to find the solution to import the skeletal meshes at run time through control panel. Can you please give us advice upon that. I will be really grateful to you. Thanks

Hi, .

I have some questions.

1st - I formatted my PC and when I try to download again, show me “Sorry, you have reached the download limit for this file Go to Store”. Can you help me? My Order is 1685.

2 - I tried to import new clothes using his tutorial, but every time I imported the new FBX to Unreal, there was an error in the import of weight and bone, so my clothes did not appear or appeared distorted, as if the bones were inverted. I tried to do the retarget bones in Unreal and it still did not work

3 - I saw who now this plugin is verion 1.3. When you bought it, the version is 1.1. I am not allowed to update my version of the plugin?

Regards.

Hi,

1. / 3. I’ve sent you a new link for the latest version. It’s for 4.18.

2. Unfortunately mixamo changed it’s export settings since I’ve made the tutorial videos.

My suggestion:

• Export the avatar file bundled with the plugin to 3D Studio max
  • Open the exported avatar in 3D Studio max and import the clothing
  • Copy bone weights using skin wrap modifier from the avatar to the cloth
  • Export the cloth only into fbx
  • Import in UE4 using the skeleton of the avatar file.

I hope it helps.

Hello ,
I looking for the ways to disable hands in front of the body, some of my costumes has its own gloves and I want to keep them, currently it’s working fine, but hands still visible, which part can disable it temporary? I going to make a switch between Hands+Costume and NoHands+Costume options

Check out the purple and yellow areas of the attached image. On the right side you can see the hands part of the avatar.
You can create an occlusion map for the specific clothes where the hands areas are black, so the avatar’s hand won’t be visible.

Thank you , I see what you mean, I’m very good with UV, but what I’ve done now:

1. Created a costume for Full-Body, no need for the hands
  2. Created black.png to hide entire body and placed it for the costume, this is what you have mentioned technically, but hands still visible.
  3. I decided to remove AvatarUser, clicking: Hide in Game - but hands are still visible.

what else to change to remove hands? I don’t see any other options, why they are visible?
Thank you.

In ARVirtualMirror blueprint there is a static mesh component named Foreground. If you set it hidden in game it won’t draw any avatar overlay.

Hi ,

Great plugin!

But I buy the plugin and cant make my clothing to work.

I think is because mixamo not haing the fbx unreal option anymore.

I see that you reply the following:

• Export the avatar file bundled with the plugin to 3D Studio max
  • Open the exported avatar in 3D Studio max and import the clothing
  • Copy bone weights using skin wrap modifier from the avatar to the cloth
  • Export the cloth only into fbx
  • Import in UE4 using the skeleton of the avatar file.

But I’m not an 3D artist, I’m a programmer, so can you help me with this? Because I buy the plugin because in the videos on the plugin page was so easy and I will not need a 3D artist…

Just a step by step on what I need to do now that Mixamo dont have support for Unreal fbx, how can I download the default fbx of mixammo and work on that on any 3D program but step by step please.

Thanks on advance :slight_smile:

I can probably help you, but this is user advice and might be wrong. I also have the plugin. What I did I have exported MaleFit.fbx from the project and used it as a reference. Mixamo won’t work, because you will have to have the same bones names and structure, I would recommend you to use template (MaleFit) and rig if there. Once rig is done, you can import to the project, only use MaleFit template basically what I’m saying.

Hell , can you please help,
I have made a Toggle-button (Check Box UI) and added it to the MainUI widget, when I click with mouse everything is works, but when I trying to click with Gesture Hand it doesn’t react on my hands. Is there anything extra that need to be written to make it work? Some extra permission for the hands? I re-did it few times, but still doesn’t work, I was making it away from the MainUI as a separate widget but result is the same.

Hi,

Only widgets inherited from the ButtonBase class are reacting to gestures. Checkout the ProductButton, and ActionButton classes.
I would go with a new action button like the snapshot or the gender change button on the top.

Thanks SAMBUEV for the help.

The problem is that I am not a 3D artist, I am a programmer, and what I like in the project and made me buy the plugin was that on the tutorial you dont have to do rig or other advance topic on a 3D tool…

So, I did try to do that and did try what said too, but didnt work or I didnt doit right.

I will ask the same thing that I ask for him, and I hope you cold help-me :slight_smile:

Can you send a link of a tutorial video on how can I do that on Blender? Dont need to be specific fo this plugin, but some tutorial that show how to do that process that you suggest.

Thanks you so much and I holp you can help me :slight_smile:

Hello ,
I saw there are something about “cart” in MainUI BluePrint, but the cart can’t work.
Is it because “cart” is not supported yet?
Thank you!