Augmented Reality Virtual Mirror plugin for UE4

H everyone, i am trying to get the Demo running on a machine but have not been successfull yet. At start the Unreal app just stops working without any real error message.
Its running on a Windows7 machine, but i have Unreal Engine running fine, got all the drivers i think (demos from teh MS developer toolkit work, and so does the OpenNI simpleviewer).
All software is x64 and i have i think all the other libraries that might be required, like the .net, directX, VS etc, im using an XBOX Kinect, i have installed the Kinect SDK 1.8 and OpenNI2/NITE2 …

I would really like to get it running because we have some clients that would like a software built with it, but i am not ready to buy the plugin before i can see the demo working. I would buy it today if i could see it working.
/
If anyone can please help with some tips it would be greatly appreciated, could it be the 11 year old Windows7? Should i install Win10, does it use new directX features not available with old Windows ?

Thank you all in advance, and congrats to teh developer for this great plugin (once i get it working : )
Luka

H everyone, i am trying to get the Demo running on a machine but have not been successfull yet. At start the Unreal app just stops working without any real error message.
Its running on a Windows7 machine, but i have Unreal Engine running fine, got all the drivers i think (demos from teh MS developer toolkit work, and so does the OpenNI simpleviewer).
All software is x64 and i have i think all the other libraries that might be required, like the .net, directX, VS etc, im using an XBOX Kinect, i have installed the Kinect SDK 1.8 and OpenNI2/NITE2 …

I would really like to get it running because we have some clients that would like a software built with it, but i am not ready to buy the plugin before i can see the demo working. I would buy it today if i could see it working.
/
If anyone can please help with some tips it would be greatly appreciated, could it be the 11 year old Windows7? Should i install Win10, does it use new directX features not available with old Windows ?

Thank you all in advance, and congrats to teh developer for this great plugin (once i get it working : )
Luka

Hi ,

I have already tried your demo version with my laptop with 64 bit and i5 processor with 360 Kinect it is working fine.
Now i want to buy your commercial version which was listed for 249$, this to be implemented for a clothing store which was my client, for that i need some assistance from you.
Can you please let me know the list of hardware need to use for this in a effective way. Since i doesn’t have a knowledge of programming, how can i expect any assistance from you.
I can manage to provide the displays, but when coming to buy the sensors and computer, please list me what would be good model for motion sensor and configuration for computer for this.

And another main concern how can i design and upload my dress material into this software, It is mostly a Saree, which is a traditional dress on indian ethnic wear attached fro your reference.

Please assist me on this

Thanks

Hi Gopi2005, could i please ask you for information on what libraries and drivers did you install to get it to work? I tried with the Kinect SDK 1.8 and OpenNi/NITE 2.2 with no success :frowning:
(an every other option i could think of.
I would appreciate any help you could give me, the Demo just crashes on startup for me and i dont know how to fix it : (

Thank you in advance,
L.

For Kinect 1, and Kinect for XBOX 36, only kinect sdk 1.8 is required, don’t need to install anything else.

Hi ,

Hardware:

• Anything that can run Unreal Engine 4 with good frame rate is fine
  • Sensor: Kinect 1, Kinect for XBOX360, and Kinect 2 (for XBOX ONE) is supported.
  • LCD TV or monitor ein Landscape or Portrait mode

3D Modeling:

You can use any 3D clothing with the plugin, just make sure to use the same skeleton as the sample clothes.

First of all you need to export male / female avatars from the content folder (MaleFitA, FemaleFitA) as FBX, and design your new clothing for one of them.
After the clothing is ready, you need to copy the “skinning data” from the avatar to the new cloth, and save as an FBX. (For this you can use the skinwrap modifier in 3D Studio Max)

Now you can import and use it in Unreal Engine 4.

Hi
I bought your plugin and try to make a project, but no luck.
I have ue4.15.2 i just follow your steps but i can’t see any message about “rebuild missing DLLs when prompted”
Can you help me?

Best
In Dae

Hi,

Are you sure you have copied everything to it’s right place ? Can you show me your project’s directory structure ?

Hi .
Here are images of error message and the folder structure. I hope I can use this one.

Hi

Here is another captured error message.

How can i fix it?

Best
InDae

Hi ,

Great plugin… I just want to ask if there is any way I can save the snap photo automatically in a local folder in my PC?

Hi,

Yes, I see. UE4 cannot find key components. It’s because the plugin is not compiled properly.
If everything is on it’s right place, the editor should ask if you want to compile the plugin.

I think files are not copied properly. Please drop me an email to info@unreal4ar.com with your order-id, and I’ll send you the full project.

It’s already saving photos to the local hard drive:

You can find snap photos at:
PATH_TO_YOUR_PROJECT\Saved\Screenshots\Windows\

VirtualMirror00000.png
VirtualMirror00001.png

etc.

Hi ,

There is no “Screenshots\Windows” folder generated in my project…
Attached is a screen cap of the content of my “Saved” folder…

Did you try to take a photo and submit to facebook ?
After that you should see the folder.

Hi John,

I tested it again with a packaged version, and you are right, the saved/screenshot folder is not there. Seems like it’s only working if you are running the project from the editor.

I run a quick search for the screenshot file and found out that in the packaged version the screenshot files are stored at:

*c:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\YOUR_PROJECT_PATH\Saved\Screenshots\WindowsNoEditor*

If you want to make a copy of the screenshot after it’s been created by pressing the snapshot button.

Check out the TakePhoto function in the following file:
SampleProject\Plugins\VirtualMirrorPlugin\Source\VirtualMirrorPlugin\Private\PhotoComponent.cpp

You can see it is returning the full path of the screenshot. (It’s also available in blueprint.) All you need to add is a line that copy the file to somewhere else.

I hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Horvath

This plugins only work on Window version? Can I run this in mac version?

18928403_10213105928872675_93491622_n.jpg18928403_10213105928872675_93491622_n.jpg18928403_10213105928872675_93491622_n.jpg

Pls help!

Currently the plugin is Windows only.

You need to enable the plugin first.