Augmented Reality for UE4

Hi , first of all thank you for creating a really well made AR plugin that works for Windows, most of them are Android/IOS only.
I have two questions:

1. can I have 2 of the same type of markers on screen at once? For Examples 2 Hiros on screen.
  2. How do I set the Camera resolution to 1080p or 720p 30fps and have that setting save each time I play?

I am also really struggling to figure out how to get NFT markers working?
I’ve read through the doc, but it’s not very helpful in explaining how to actually test the Data set?

Thank you very much for your reply .

I’ve been doing some tests with these 3 nodes you recommended. What I could find out was that the set threshold mode and set threshold nodes have to do only with marker recognition by the camera in terms of brights and darks for easy recognition (good to have that, very useful) and the set filter node has more to do with the jittering or vibration at positioning the 3D models in relation to the marker position, but I can’t seem to soften the vibration in any way. Is there any other solution I can try to improve the vibration problem? By the way, I cannot increase the size of the marker due to the nature of the project, it needs to be in a certain place and not larger than a certain size to work for the purpose I am pursuing. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Hello,

1. No, you have to use different markers.

2. You can set everything at startup when the “Show PIN” checkbox is checked.
    Init - AUGMENTED REALITY

My recommendation is to use only 4:3 resolutions like 800x600 or 960x720

1. Please find all the required tools for creating NFT markers (genTexData.exe is located in the /bin folder)
    ARToolKit5.zip - Google Drive

To use the new NFT:

• Put the generated files to Content/ARToolkit/DataNFT
  • Add the name of your marker to the MarkersNFT enumeration in the unreal editor.
  • Use this new name for the GetMarkersNFT node.

There should not be that much jitter, even with the default settings.

Check out this video:https://youtube.com/watch?v=9VyhCu1Qxxo

What is your framerate ?

Hi , thank you for the reply.

1. With the marker tracking if I have multiple of the same marker on screen, it bugs out and doesn’t display a model on either of the markers until I remove both from the view.
    Is there a way to track the first marker, and keep tracking the first marker if another of the same type is added to the view?

2. This setting does not Save, and I have to go through the checkbox every time, which I do not want, I want to be able to set up the parameters once.
    How I can set web camera source parameters?

• Resolution
  • FPS
  • Video Format
  • Color Space
  1. Thank you, I managed to get that working :slight_smile:

The current setup doesn’t allow that.

Camera settings are not exposed for blueprints.

In the source code ARToolkitDevice.cpp line 548

[FONT=courier new]config << “-devNum=” << devNum<<" -flipV ";

You can add other options after the “-flipV” argument according to the docs

Theoretically it should work, but I had no luck with my logitech webcam.

Hello All, I’m still struggling with this - everything is working fine except the people im showing this project to want the model stay on the market when I move away from it and not disappear. Any ideas?

Otherwise this plugin is fantastic!!!

hi i want to use this plugin with Intel realsense
so i need to recompile artoolkit library
which version of artoolkit is in your latest plugin??

ARToolkit 5.3

You can download from here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bY…Zl9eJ9BtPGQGqM

Hi
I have purchased your plugin and follow your steps to build a project from the sample .
when I start the project showing me this message
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g8…kjZYkxxnq2DFNQ

can you please tell me how to fix this problem, thanks

Hi Salim,

You need to compile the plugin first.

Please check out the getting started guide:
http://ar.uplugins.com/getting-started-full-version/

1. CREATING THE SAMPLE PROJECT
    To create the sample project follow the steps below: a. Windows

2. Install Visual Studio 2015/17 – community editions are also working

3. unreal engine editor

4. Create a new C++ code project without starter content

5. Copy all files from SampleProject directory to your new project directory

6. In UE4 editor File -> Refresh visual studio project (optional)

7. Exit from unreal engine editor

8. your new project from epic launcher

9. Click on rebuild missing DLLs when prompted

10. Optional: Click on File -> Package project -> Windows -> Windows 64bit

Hi
I have an AR project, are you available to work?
If so let’s chat on skype for more details " abosalim314".
Thanks

Hi ,
I did all the steps and get the same error!

hi ,
i have a sam probleme of salim but in mac os.

Hello,

Please send me the log files to info@uplugins.com

Best Regards,

Hi good day; I have the commercial version 1_16 for UE4_24.3, but when creating the project the editor gives me an error that the ARToolkitPlugin module is missing, it recommends rebuilt, but doing so gives me an error that it must be done manually but the truth I don’t know what I could do, I hope you can help me; Have a great day.

Hi - this looks like a great plugin - do you have a trial so we can verify the functionality is giving us what we want and do you have a version updated for 4.25 yet?

Hello ,

I don’t have a trial version but you can check out the executable demos on the link below:

4.25 and 4.26 versions are on the way.

Hello,

waiting for your AR plugin for UE 4.26 …

Hi

After a long break, and silence I am pleased to announce the latest version of the AR plugin! It’s a big update with lots of changes. Please check the changelog for details!

AR Plugin V2.0 – 2022-02-03

• Completely refactored, and updated for Unreal Engine v4.27
  • Underlying ARToolkit framework updated to the latest ARToolkitX SDK
  • The plugin uses render targets for marker detection and tracking
  • Video image resolution can be downscaled for tracking, while the app can use full resolution video for presentation
  • New camera controller blueprint, and UI has been added to handle webcam parameters, such as resolution / fps
  • Camera input now using the native mediaplayer framework of Unreal Engine
  • Video file can be also used for marker detection, and tracking
  • The plugin uses the native android camera plugin to access camera image on Android
  • Simplified workflow – turn any scene into an AR scene by changing only the game mode, and publish the same application for multiple platforms
  • Simplified shadow catcher plane blueprint, just add it to your scene for high fidelity augmented shadows
  • Virtual objects can cast real time shadows to the real environment
  • New pawn, and player controller blueprints
  • Simplified marker loading, no enumerations with marker names are required anymore
  • Event based marker tracking and detection
  • Cube marker support added
  • IWYU support
  • Runs on low end devices with no ARKit / ARCore support available
  • Runs inside the editor, without the need of any handheld device
  • Camera image material that adapts (scales/crops) to the size of the viewport. Any device aspect ratios can be used automatically.
  • New object interaction blueprint (rotate, scale) using mouse or touch inputs
  • Landscape / Portrait modes are both supported on handheld devices

Available on http://ar.uplugins.com !

In case you have purchased the previous 1.X version of the plugin within a year, you can get the new 2.0 version for free.

For who purchased the 1.X version in the past, I’ll give a 50% discount from the price of the updated new plugin.

Please send me an email with your # order id to info@uplugins.com to proceed.