Augmented Reality for UE4

I got to package, but I aploaded my AR app to Google and it have an other error.

I made a test on Firebase
It is the result

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: file offset for the library “/data/app/com.LimaWorks.CDP_AR-_2CMYLTFOZ3Y6xE7SD-DtA==/lib/arm64/libUE4.so” >= file size: 0 >= 0
FATAL EXCEPTION:
Process: com.LimaWorks.CDP_AR, PID: 14752
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: dlopen failed: file offset for the library “/data/app/com.LimaWorks.CDP_AR-_2CMYLTFOZ3Y6xE7SD-DtA==/lib/arm64/libUE4.so” >= file size: 0 >= 0

What is wrong ?

Hello,

Does the app run on an actual device ? If not, can you please send me the full crash log to [EMAIL=“info@uplugins.com”]info@uplugins.com ?

Thanks,

Hi
Now I’m trying package for iOS, but I have news problems with plugin.

UATHelper: Packaging (iOS): /Users/ane/Downloads/CDP1/CenarioDosPassaros/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitPlugin.cpp:55:52: error: allocation of incomplete type

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the log files. I’ll look into the problem, and get back to you.

Hello Ivan,

I did some tests on both xCode 10.1 and on the latest 11 version and both worked fine with unreal 4.23 and the latest version of the plugin (v1.5)
I could not reproduce the issue with the compile errors in your logs.

Are you using the latest version (v1.5) of the plugin with 4.23 ?

Yes I am using the latest software.
I found that if I turn off the “Support bitcode in Shipping”
I can do the package

Is it possible to use small 3d printed models as marker? is it possible to have multiple markers?

You can have multiple markers, but only 2D image markers are supported.

How many markers are possible at most ?. I would like to track a lot of static markers to only re-create camera movement, not object movement.

If you need around 50 , I would suggest to use the 2D barcode markers, they are already implemented. You can download and print them from here: 2D Barcode Markers - AUGMENTED REALITY
If you want image markers I would not recommend to use more than 20 in the same app, as they take some time to load.

Hi

I am pleased to announce the updated version of the plugin!

AR Plugin V1.16 for Unreal Engine 4.24

Available on http://ar.uplugins.com !

GET THE COMMERCIAL VERSION WITH 40% DISCOUNT UNTIL 2019-12-31 !!!

In case you have already purchased the plugin you can download the latest version from your account:
http://ar.uplugins.com/my-account

If you did not create a user during the checkout process send me any email with your # order id to info@uplugins.com and I’ll send you a new link.

Hi again, we purchased the commercial liscense two days ago. You mentioned in your last post; “I would suggest to use the 2D barcode markers, they are already implemented”.
I can’t find any implementation in the SampleProject. I only found the Marker Enumeration with 4 entrys.

Am I correct, it is implemented in C++ and I can access by Get Marker MATRIX ?

And how can I convert a bitmap file (tif, bmp, png ??) to this internal patt. binary file format ? Addig entrys into the list is no longer a problem of course. Thanks in advance…

Yes, exactly. Just change the GetMarker node to GetMarkerMATRIX in the sample project.

More info about this node:

Bitmaps can be only used as NFT markers like the pinball NFT example in the demo.

The NFT images are in /Content/DataNFT
They are special files, and not recognizable by the unreal content manager, that is why you cannot see them inside the editor.

You can read more about the generation of the NFT files on this link:

You can find the ARToolkit 5.0 NFT training utility on this link:

Once you have the generated NFT files copy them to the Content/DataNFT folder, and add to the enumeration.

Hello, I would like to ask you about this AR plug-in. Can I use an Android phone to scan the identification code to display the video for playback? If so, how do I do it? I tried to modify the blueprint, but it did n’t help. Thank you

Hello - I purchased your plugin as I am very pleased. One thing - I’m using the latest unreal 4.24 - I can always get the sample to run with no problems… The moment I enable DataSmith plugin - UE4 is ask to restart once I restart it and push the app to the IPAD - the app always crashes. Something about Plugin blastplugin failed to load because module BlastCore could not be found? Thats the message on the IPAD.

Any ideas?

Hi,

I think you have to disable datasmith before publishing to iPad.

Thanks I manage to get this working - One last question - I managed to change the model from the bike to a simple mesh when the image is detected - Is there away to keep the model (mesh) there on the image… even after i move away from the image instead of it disappearing ?

Hi.

How can you prevent the 3D model from shaking so much?

I have tried enabling and disabling the set filter node, playing with Sample Rate and Cut Off Freq values with no significant change.

What’s the best way to get rid of the jittering? What else could I try to fix it?

Thank you.

Here’s a link to showing the issue:

Hello Carlos,

There are 3 nodes that can help. All the 3 has an example in the demo project, you can play with settings to find the best for your environment.

One more thing I see on your video is the small relative size of the marker. Try to go closer so the marker will be bigger.

I hope it helps.

Hello ,

I have a problem with calibrating my android tablet camera. I have installed an app on my tablett, and another one on my PC. So I can use my tablet as a webcam. So far so good.

I then use camera_calib.exe file for generating camera_para.dat file like it is described here:
http://www.daslhub.org/unlv/wiki/doku.php?id=nxt_ar_toolkit

I did it twice, but I am not happy with the result. All tracked marker (I took some squared control planes for checking) are 2D shifted against live camera stream.
Is there a way to edit camera_para.dat by hand ? Just to set a different “Point of Interest” or similar?
Calculated FOV seems to be ok, marker lines are parallel by any viewing angle but still not matching. (its 2D shifted)

There are other tools for generating camera_para.dat like described here:
http://www.hitl.washington.edu/artoolkit/documentation/usercalibration.htm#onestep

Is this older or newer? Or even more exact? I do not have any calib_dist.exe or calib_cparam.exe. Where can I download?

Do I even have to change some C++ lines or xml or whatever.
Of course, I can change camera yaw and pitch a little to compensate this shift in bluprint, but I would like to do a more proper calibration.

Thanks,