Augmented Reality for UE4

Hey

Thanks for replying. Copying the files within SampleProject over to the new project (which is a basic template c++ for android development with no starter content) directory, and I get the pop up to replace 3 files, which I click yes on.

I have a suspicion that I’m meant to use the source version of the Unreal Engine 4 to do this, is that correct? Currently I’m using the normal version.

It works with the normal launcher version of UE 4.22, don’t need to use the source version.
Can you please send me a screenshot of the “pop up to replace 3 files” ?

Here’s a pretty detailed description of how I set up a brand new project to get the files tested.

1. I create a brand new project with the following settings Imgur: The magic of the Internet using Unreal Engine 4.21.0

2. I make sure the project settings are properly configurated for android Imgur: The magic of the Internet

3. Then, I move the sample project files from the ARPlugin_PERSONAL_v1_14 into the directory of the new project. Imgur: The magic of the Internet (Partially Norwegian, but it basically says “there are 3 files in the ARTest4 directory with the same name, do you want to replace them” to which I that I want to replace the 3 files in the ARTest4 directory with the files from SampleProject.

4. As per the “Getting started” guide, I then refresh Visual Studio 2015 and get this prompt Imgur: The magic of the Internet to which I say “reload”

5. I exit UE4 and relaunch the project getting this prompt Imgur: The magic of the Internet which I click “yes” to

6. When it is about to , I get this message Imgur: The magic of the Internet and I just click “ok”

7. When it’s launched, there are NO files in ANY of the folders Imgur: The magic of the Internet and I’m in an empty map with nothing in the World Outline

8. When I try to the game on my Honor 8 running Android 7 (It does not support ARcore) I get the following errors Imgur: The magic of the Internet and ultimately when it launches, its just a black screen.

I hope me being detailed helps track down any possible mistakes I’ve made, and hopefully it wasn’t overly detailed. Either way, thank you for the help in fixing this!

The latest version of the plugin, is only working with 4.22.

If you need the previous version for 4.21 please drop me an email to info@uplugins.com with your order id.

Do you plan adding Linux support? ArtoolkitX runs on Linux as well.

hi , i am trying to get it workin on my tablet but the screen doesnt fit. It seems i miss some buttons and space when i compare it to my phone. Should i change some resolution somewhere, or some settings in the ue4 projectsettings?

Hello,

Can you please post a screenshot highlighting the problem ?

hi ,
where should i change some settings to run the app on a tablet. It seems the screen is not full (its too large, like its zoomed in), and i miss some buttons while running it on tablets. Should i do this somewhere in the projectsettings or someplace else?

gee, i cannot any animations anymore in the project. It works on the laptop perfectly, but once launched at the phone, only static meshes seems to work. Very weird, i use the same laptop, same phone, but 4.22 version (i used 4.19 before). Is there anything changed in your plugin?

gee, i cannot any animations anymore in the project. It works on the laptop perfectly, but once launched at the phone, only static meshes seems to work. Very weird, i use the same laptop, same phone, but 4.22 version (i used 4.19 before). Is there anything changed in your plugin?

Did not change anything in this regard. The plugins is only responsible for tracking, all the other stuff is handled by Unreal Engine.

Only the UI is zoomed ? Does the tracking work as it supposed to work ? If so you can modify the UI widget for your needs.

Hello, after purchasing this plug-in, do you give the source code?

Hello, where can I improve the resolution of the picture?

Hello! Yes the source code is included.

Check out the link below for details:
http://ar.uplugins.com/mobile-video-resolutions/

Hi

I am pleased to announce the latest version of the plugin!

AR Plugin V1.15 - 2019-09-11

• Updated for Unreal Engine v4.23
  • Added support for Android 64 bit version (arm64-v8a)
  • Plugin compatibility fix
  • Minor bugfixes

Available on http://ar.uplugins.com !

GET THE COMMERCIAL VERSION WITH 40% DISCOUNT UNTIL 2019-10-01 !!!

In case you have already purchased the plugin you can download the latest version from your account:
http://ar.uplugins.com/my-account

If you did not create a user during the checkout process send me any email with your # order id to [EMAIL=“info@uplugins.com”]info@uplugins.com and I’ll send you a new link.

Hi

For the Unreal project I need an NFT Marker created by me. I need 3 files right? .fset .fset3 .iset

Then I put then in the content folder in the ARtoolkit and then inside the DataNFT. Then I open MarkersNFT enum and add the name of the files but it doesnt work for me. I also changed the enum in the blueprint level.

I am working on version 4.23 of Unreal.

thank you all and sorry for my english.

You did the right way!
So is it loading, but not recognizing the NFT image, or do you get an error while loading ?

Can you show me the NFT image ? Not every image can be used as an NFT. It should have enough feature point to be tracked.

Hi
I’m trying to package my project But this error persist

UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): In file included from C:/Users/Ivan Lima/Documents/Unreal Projects/CDP/CenarioDosPassaros/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Shipping/ARToolkitPlugin/Module.ARToolkitPlugin.cpp:3:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Users/Ivan Lima/Documents/Unreal Projects/CDP/CenarioDosPassaros/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp(403,4): warning: Please use ENQUEUE_RENDER_COMMAND instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer
compile. -W#pragma-messages]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ENQUEUE_UNIQUE_RENDER_COMMAND_TWOPARAMETER(
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ^
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.23/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Public\RenderingThread.h(395,2): note: expanded from macro ‘ENQUEUE_UNIQUE_RENDER_COMMAND_TWOPARAMETER’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): ENQUEUE_UNIQUE_RENDER_COMMAND_TWOPARAMETER_DECLARE(TypeName,ParamType1,ParamName1,ParamValue1,ParamType2,ParamName2,ParamValue2,Code)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.23/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Public\RenderingThread.h(376,2): note: expanded from macro ‘ENQUEUE_UNIQUE_RENDER_COMMAND_TWOPARAMETER_DECLARE’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): DEPRECATED_MACRO(4.22, “Please use ENQUEUE_RENDER_COMMAND instead”)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformCompilerPreSetup.h(88,45): note: expanded from macro ‘DEPRECATED_MACRO’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): #define DEPRECATED_MACRO(Version, Message) EMIT_CUSTOM_WARNING(Message " Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.“)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformCompilerPreSetup.h(84,3): note: expanded from macro ‘EMIT_CUSTOM_WARNING’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): EMIT_CUSTOM_WARNING_AT_LINE(LINE, Warning)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Clang\ClangPlatformCompilerPreSetup.h(127,3): note: expanded from macro ‘EMIT_CUSTOM_WARNING_AT_LINE’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): _Pragma(PREPROCESSOR_TO_STRING(message(Warning)))
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): <scratch space>(144,2): note: expanded from here
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): message(“Please use ENQUEUE_RENDER_COMMAND instead” " Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.”)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): In file included from C:/Users/Ivan Lima/Documents/Unreal Projects/CDP/CenarioDosPassaros/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Intermediate/Build/Android/UE4/Shipping/ARToolkitPlugin/Module.ARToolkitPlugin.cpp:3:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Users/Ivan Lima/Documents/Unreal Projects/CDP/CenarioDosPassaros/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ARToolkitPlugin/Private/ARToolkitDevice.cpp(403,4): warning: Please use ENQUEUE_RENDER_COMMAND instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer
compile. -W#pragma-messages]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.23/Engine/Source/Runtime/RenderCore/Public\RenderingThread.h(397,2): note: expanded from macro ‘ENQUEUE_UNIQUE_RENDER_COMMAND_TWOPARAMETER’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): DEPRECATED_MACRO(4.22, “Please use ENQUEUE_RENDER_COMMAND instead”)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformCompilerPreSetup.h(88,45): note: expanded from macro ‘DEPRECATED_MACRO’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): #define DEPRECATED_MACRO(Version, Message) EMIT_CUSTOM_WARNING(Message " Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.“)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformCompilerPreSetup.h(84,3): note: expanded from macro ‘EMIT_CUSTOM_WARNING’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): EMIT_CUSTOM_WARNING_AT_LINE(LINE, Warning)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Clang\ClangPlatformCompilerPreSetup.h(127,3): note: expanded from macro ‘EMIT_CUSTOM_WARNING_AT_LINE’
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): _Pragma(PREPROCESSOR_TO_STRING(message(Warning)))
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): <scratch space>(145,2): note: expanded from here
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): message(“Please use ENQUEUE_RENDER_COMMAND instead” " Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.”)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): 2 warnings generated.
PackagingResults: Warning: Please use ENQUEUE_RENDER_COMMAND instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. -W#pragma-messages]
PackagingResults: Warning: Please use ENQUEUE_RENDER_COMMAND instead Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. -W#pragma-messages]
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): [9/10] CenarioDosPassaros-Android-Shipping-arm64-es2.so
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): C:/Users/Ivan Lima/Documents/Unreal Projects/CDP/CenarioDosPassaros/Plugins/ARToolkitPlugin/Source/ThirdParty/ARToolkit/lib/Android/armeabi-v7a/libar.a: error adding symbols: File in wrong format
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): clang++.exe: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
PackagingResults: Error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): Took 68,2462284s to run UnrealBuildTool.exe, ExitCode=5
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): UnrealBuildTool failed. See log for more details. (C:\Users\Ivan Lima\AppData\Roaming\Unreal Engine\AutomationTool\Logs\C+Program+Files+Epic+Games+UE_4.23\UBT-CenarioDosPassaros-Android-Shipping.txt)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=5 (5)
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ASTC)): BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Unknown Error

I’m using Windows 10, UE4.23 All updated