Augmented Reality for UE4

Hello,
Visual studio 2017 Update Has Solved My Problem.

Good Day! Iā€™m still fascinated about this, Iā€™m new to this and Iā€™m wondering if I can try AR using my computer or do I really need a phone that is capable of AR. Thanks!

Hello,

The plugin also runs on windows / mac.

Hi , Can I use kinect v2 instead of webcam? also, Iā€™d like to know if itā€™s possible with blueprint.
Thank you!

It only works with webcameras.
In case you can make your Kinect act as a webcam somehow it may work, but it wonā€™t use the depth camera of the Kinect for tracking.

Is it possible to turn off the camera? Iā€™m trying to use another pluggin that uses the camera, the thing is that if I leave the camera turned on for this pluggin I can never initialize it again or when I try to the other pluggin to receive the camara feed there is a high that the app crashes.

You cannot turn off the camera while tracking. The only way to shut down the plugin is to the cleanup node. Cleanup - AUGMENTED REALITY

Hi

I am pleased to announce the latest version of the plugin updated for Unreal Engine v4.22 !

Available on http://ar.uplugins.com !

Switching form ARcore to this plugging, causes something to rotate, even if i have two diferent Levels and open them in that order, it causes that bug, i havenā€™t to to find out what causes this but i have to send the project to a client and i donā€™t have any other solution but to ask you.
Do you have any ideia what could possibly be causing this?

Hello,

What do you mean by ā€œcauses something to rotateā€ ?

I have to use them in the same app cause your pluggin has better image detection but it does not have motion capture and surface tracking, and that was important to our client.
I can send you a version of the project so you can see whatā€™s happening, but i think just by mixing the two plugins it will happen like in this app.

Is it possible to fix this? The problem between ARcore and your plugin?

I canā€™t tell, never used ARCore with the plugin together. Did you try with different marker ? Did you set the init node to portrait mode ?

And are you able to provide any kinda of support? Weā€™ve purchased the commercial version of this because we have clients that require a more accurate image tracking then whatā€™s provided by the ARCore.

Iā€™ve reported this to Epic, maybe they can fix this on their part:

For else that is thinking of buy a commercial version, please checkout this build, its for Android, here you can experience the problem between the 2 plugins.

Video to show whats happening: https://youtube.com/watch?v=PfSHUaHA2lw

how to get demo version?

Hello there

Iā€™ve fairly recently purchased a license for the plugin, and while I can get the plugin installed nicely without any issues, I am a bit dumbfounded as to how you start it.
Iā€™m aware of the documentation, but Iā€™ve never really been good at understanding those, you donā€™t seem to have any basic setup examples, so itā€™s a bit difficult to know where to even start, given that this is my first trip into AR.

Is it possible you could provide some guidance? Iā€™ve already done a quick skim search through this forum, but didnā€™t see anything.
Just some quick screenshot of a blueprint setup for how to get something like the chair projection working would be nice, since thatā€™s more or less what Iā€™m doing, except Iā€™m gonna use a different 3D asset.

For the record, Iā€™m building an android project, the phone Iā€™ve got is an Honor 8 (running on Android 7)

Second question, would there be any issues installing this plugin on an already existing android c++ project? I would assume not, but figured Iā€™d ask.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Hello,

You can find a great tutorial on the link below:

I hope it helps!

From what I could see though, that tutorial is either somewhat outdated or it doesnā€™t show the full picture.

Would it be possible to get:
A) Get a quick video that shows how one would make a very basic setup, like how to make the chair demo for android from start to finish.
B) Get a written guide of how to make the chair demo for android.
C) If you still have the Unreal project for the chair demo, you could simply make that available (but remove the plugin files to avoid people essentially getting the plugin for free, that way paying users only have to re-import them)

Option C is probably the most viable, as it would require the least amount of work I presume, and it would still be extremely helpful.

Hey

Actually, I may believe Iā€™m issues installing your plugin afterall.
Judging from the name ā€œsample projectā€ and the fact that step 9 in the android section tells you to it, I think itā€™s meant to be as a DEMO of some sorts. But when I it, it doesnā€™t work as its just a black screen. But the warning starts before then.

First, When I the project, I get the error that thereā€™s no default map.
Secondly, inside of the content browser, there is the ā€œARToolKitā€ folder which has ā€œDataā€ and ā€œDataNFTā€ subfolders, but everything is empty.
Third, when I do try to it, I get a lot of errors https://i.imgur.com/SesKO4f.png but in the end it will , but itā€™ll just be a black screen on my phone.

I know Iā€™ve followed the steps in the android section, but it doesnā€™t seem to work. The only saving grace that makes me think that I have it installed correctly is that if I go into level blueprints and turn context off, I can access all the blueprints it seems. The only thing I believe may be the problem is this section at the end of your getting started documentation.

*Why do we need to compile the plugin from source ?

In Unreal Engine there is no way to package a project that includes a plugin without itā€™s c++ source code. Also itā€™s not possible to package a blueprint project with code plugins. Fortunately UNREAL4AR comes with full C++ source code, which makes possible to package any project on any platform.*

But Iā€™m not exactly sure what you mean by that? Does that mean I have to download the source code version of Unreal Engine?
As always, any help is much appreciated.

Hello,

I think something is wrong with your project files, make sure to copy all files from the SampleProject directory to your new project directory, not the SampleProject directory.
There should be no errors when opening the project.

The sample project has two demo maps one is the Chair demo, the other is the advanced demo with the motorcycle. Both of the maps are located in the Content/Maps directory.
The default map is the motorcycle demo. If all the files are copied to the proper location you should see / and run the demo on windows with any webcam, and on Android and iOS devices.

http://ar.uplugins.com/getting-started-full-version/