Augmented Reality for UE4

do you think this plugin could be used to develop for Hololens?

I think yes, but I had no to try Hololens, maybe early next year.

What ARToolkit needs is a video camera stream what can be used for marker or feature point detection. Hololens will have multiple on-board cameras both 2D(stereo?) / 3D depth, so maybe one of them will be usable for that. Alignment could be also an issue on see through displays.

What I see on Hololens intro videos, it uses some kind of SLAM (simultaneous localization and mapping) algorithm to measure itā€™s position / rotation in the 3D space, probably the same or similar we already have in Kinect fusion. Combining this with marker/NFT recognition would be the perfect solution.

Canā€™t wait to get my hands dirty with this technology!

That is pretty awesome nice job!!!

Pricing:

**FREE **- Editor demo (editor binary version for Windows / OSX)

$99US - Personal license* (for individuals, non commercial projects)

**$249US - Commercial license (for companies / small businesses, commercial projects)

• A Personal license is the discounted option for a private individual who purchases a license with their own funds, and solely for their own use.
    ** A Commercial license is the standard licensing option for organizations and business entities. Licenses are purchased by the company and can be used by any person within.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed!
[/QUOTE]

While I applaud your time and effort into this, its seems a bitā€¦ (unethical?) to modify others free open source work and slap a price tag on it. While I feel you should be compensated (donation) for bringing this into UE4, paying for a mod just doesnā€™t sit right with me.

That being said, its quite a fun thing to play around with.

Mind blown!

I get to try out the Hololens tomorrow do you have any questions I should ask the Microsoft devs? Iā€™m going to show them this plugin so they know how I am going to try to make an application for the hololens.

Iā€™m so happy that some one created this kind of plugin for UE4. I hope that you are planning in PC version to connect it with some IR camera like Kinect to recognize room size in 3D and not having to use markers. And one more thingā€¦ sorry 100$ for personal licence is waaaay too much.

its called a money grab.

Iā€™m good with supporting 's work. I know what I have to pay 18 developers a monthā€¦even one developer isnā€™t free and something like this should be compensated right away. Besides that Iā€™ve already signed up for a Hololens early adopter kit (just tried it for the first time this week) and itā€™s going to cost $3000. Add to that we are working with the Vive from Valve/HTC and part of the application process was regarding our being a legit companyā€¦there are costs involved with that too. Iā€™m happy is putting the business of development up front so he hopefully doesnā€™t work on this 60 days and then just abandon it. Just signed up for a commercial license.

How was the Hololens Demo, does it hold up to what they showcased in videos? Does it seem like Unreal will work will with it? I ask, because I signed up for the developer kit for Project Tango and was very disappointed by the support from unreal for it. Besides the Augment Plugin has here, Unreal has been utilized so little with the Augmented Reality movement and I see a huge market for it. So I hope the Hololens will have much better support, since it seems like it has a much wider exposure than the Prototype Tango device.

Dude you just made my design world such a happy happy place!! Thanks for all the great and hard work.

Iā€™ve made some progress on the iOS version, finally itā€™s working quite well on my iPhone 5s. (60+ FPS) :slight_smile:

My first tests:

Hi , really great work here! Love the demo, worked flawlessly on my mac.

Iā€™m really interested in the video streaming capabilities that you demonstrated. Any suggestion how I can implement live video streaming inside the engine?
Or better yet, you could sell a separate plugin just with video streaming capabilities for the various platforms, the app Iā€™m working on really needs to connect to a live video source.

Thanks so much for all your hard work and useful tips!

Jason W.

Hi Jason,

You can also use the plugin for video streaming only.
If you donā€™t load any markers / NFT datasets, itā€™s wont run any recognition functions.

Hello .

The company I work for is really interested in purchasing the plugin. We tried the demo version, but still, the editor crashes every time we try to the game.

We wonā€™t buy a product that we cannot even try. That said, could you please take a look at the crashlog I posted previously, its similar to the one I get with the demo version. Or if you could help in any other way we would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hello BoroD,

Can you please send me the contents of [PROJECTS_PATH]\ARSample\Saved\Logs\ in email to info@unreal4ar.com ?

Iā€™ll try to reproduce this error, and find a way to fix it.

Yeah,the editor crashes every time when trying the demo version.

Can you please send me the contents of [PROJECTS_PATH]\ARSample\Saved\Logs\ in email to info@unreal4ar.com ?

looks amazing, hats off to you sir

There is still some problem,itā€™s not mature right now.