Augmented Reality for UE4

Congratulations !!! Saw it as a spotlight. And am really glad that you responded to my earlier request. It is only though efforts like these that the tech of the future becomes reality. Kudos and will really look forward to your plugin.

I’d highly recommend that you keep your plugin at a paid price. Its worth more than a few dollars.

This DEMO version is only working in the editor. Android / iOS version will be included in the full version.

Sounds great! Feel free to experiment with it, and let me know if anything is missing!

Checkout the link below:

• Once you have the new marker files copy them to : Content\ARToolkit\Data
    (File name should be: patt.MARKERNAME)

• Open the “Markers” enumeration from the editor and add your new marker name

I am unable to test this.
I am aware that this doesn’t work on iOS, but i tried running the project on Android from OSX.
On , it tells me that the plugin is missing. Either relocate your plugin or consider disabling it from your project.
Can anyone suggest, on how to get through this.

Thanks for the answer. When can we expect the release of the final version?
I can not wait until to check it on my phone

Sorry… I missed the post above… Will wait for mobile integration

Awesomesauce.

Pretty cool. I’ve been playing with this all day. Can’t wait til you can get skeletal meshes/animations going. The only downside is that the lighting where the marker is, needs be good for this to work properly. Is it safe to assume that the higher fps the camera takes in/less grainy, the smoother the output?

The thing is, if the camera is doing 30fps, then only 30 images of the chair need to be updated per second. Where as 60fps would be a whole lot more resources drain on your computer/phone.
I used play with and make this exact AR stuff a few years ago. I never thought it be feasible to incorporate into anything. If you guys are paying money for something like this, then I really shot myself in the foot by not pursuing it any further.

Yes, amazing work for smartphone.

What I think is… Sadly it will never (in closer future) come to an action game.
I mean games like UT, HL… Because there is a big lag. But I love AR Games like “Ingress”.
Hope it will be possible to make FPS Games for AR. :slight_smile:

impressive

Thank you for your answer. I tried your advice without success.

In the meantime I switched my OS to windows 10. Then again, the editor crashes.

Perhaps you could take a look at the crashlog… I have no programming knowledge and am new to unreal. So all this is greek to me.

MachineId:25F2E70D4F42469CE5F6199C3CC74C87
EpicAccountId:45a59ebdca9e4e3c9d38239848dec282

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second not available)

"Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:E:\UE4\Epic Games\4.9\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 678]
Array index out of bounds: 0 from an array of s

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
UE4Editor_ARToolkitPlugin
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4195]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:484]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessContextOpcode() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1755]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:698]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::CallFunction() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:608]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::execVirtualFunction() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1842]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessInternal() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:698]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UFunction::Invoke() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\class.cpp:4195]
UE4Editor_CoreUObject!UObject::ProcessEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\scriptcore.cpp:1050]
UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::ProcessEvent() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:580]
UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::ReceiveTick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\intermediate\build\win64\ue4editor\inc\engine\engine.generated.1.cpp:2357]
UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:743]
UE4Editor_Engine!AActor::TickActor() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:730]
UE4Editor_Engine!FActorTickFunction::ExecuteTick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\actor.cpp:107]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTickFunctionTask::DoTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private icktaskmanager.cpp:141]
UE4Editor_Engine!TGraphTask<FTickFunctionTask>::ExecuteTask() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async askgraphinterfaces.h:779]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasks() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async askgraph.cpp:539]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async askgraph.cpp:340]
UE4Editor_Core!FTaskGraphImplementation::WaitUntilTasksComplete() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async askgraph.cpp:1140]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTaskGraphInterface::WaitUntilTaskCompletes() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async askgraphinterfaces.h:212]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskSequencer::ReleaseTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private icktaskmanager.cpp:292]
UE4Editor_Engine!FTickTaskManager::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private icktaskmanager.cpp:1206]
UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::RunTickGroup() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:701]
UE4Editor_Engine!UWorld::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\leveltick.cpp:1150]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UEditorEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\editorengine.cpp:1347]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd!UUnrealEdEngine::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\unrealedengine.cpp:366]
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2428]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\private.cpp:142]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.9\engine\source\runtime\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]

Just saw this thread for the first time, well done! It’s a great idea.

This is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to make this!

Wait, could this be adapted in some way to work with Microsofts hololens?(probably not) if it could, that would be more than amazing.

Hi

I got many requests to do a BETA sale, and release the plugin for early adopters as soon as possible.

So if you want to get the plugin before the final release date, fill the form on the link below and pre-order the plugin!

Early adopters BETA sale on the link below:
http://www.unreal4ar.com

The BETA plugin for Windows / OSX / Android / iOS will be available on 16th November for those who signed up.

Pricing:

**FREE **- Editor demo (editor binary version for Windows / OSX)

$99US - Personal license* (for individuals, non commercial projects)

**$249US - Commercial license (for companies / small businesses, commercial projects)

• A Personal license is the discounted option for a private individual who purchases a license with their own funds, and solely for their own use.
    ** A Commercial license is the standard licensing option for organizations and business entities. Licenses are purchased by the company and can be used by any person within.

Included:

• Pre-compiled binaries for Windows / OSX (both editor / and standalone) starting from UE version 4.9.2
  • C++ source code for every platforms (Windows / OSX / Android / iOS)
  • Required engine modifications for Android
  • Modified ARToolkit libs for Android
  • Sample project
  • Documentation
  • Free updates
  • Tools for camera calibration / marker training (ARToolkit’s standard tools)

Features:

• Simple marker tracking
  • NFT marker tracking
  • 100% blueprintable no coding knowledge required
  • Multiplatform (Windows, OSX, Android, iOS)
  • Opensource

Comments and suggestions are welcomed!

This is great news! Does that price include future updates?

Yes, updates are included.