Augmented Reality for UE4

Thanks for the logs! I’ll try to reproduce and solve the issue.

Ok,I will look forward to the new version.

Hi

New version of the AR plugin is available to download!

**AR Plugin V1.1 **

• ARToolkit library updated to v5.3.1 (from v5.3)
  • libKPM is fixed (bug is in the original ARToolKit 5.3 and 5.3.1.), now it is possible to detect multiple NFT pages
  • ARSample project is updated with 2 NFT images to demonstrate new multipage NFT feature
  • LoadMarker(NFT) node renamed to LoadMarkers(NFT) and updated to take an Array as input
  • iOS version now uses ARVideo instead of AR2Video

Get the plugin from the link below:
http://www.unreal4ar.com

Arsample Can`t be packed to X64

Hi, my company bought your plugins. I failed to pack after add empty c++ class.
and I can`t use source version to open arsample project.

Hi fan270,

It is possible to package your project on every platforms with the source of the plugin.
Where did you stuck ? Did you follow the steps on http://www.unreal4ar.com/documentation/ ?

Hi

New version of the AR plugin is available to download!

AR Plugin V1.2 - 2015-11-25

• Unreal Engine v4.10 compatibility
  • Updated ARSample project files for v4.10
  • Updated Unreal Engine v4.10 files for Android
  • Pre-compilied ARToolKit v5.3.1 lib files for Visual Studio 2015
  • Support for Visual Studio 2015
  • SRGB set to 1 for media texture to fix washed out colours.
  • Windows and OSX version are using absolute data path
  • Splash screen on Android (UE v4.10 new feature)

Get the plugin from the link below:
http://www.unreal4ar.com

Why it still crash on my computer using the latest version,is that because I don’t have the webcam?

I click play button in Unreal 4.9.2,and it crash immediately.

This is the Crash Report

I unzip the zip and open it in Unreal 4.9.2,then I click on play,after that it crash

Thank you for your valuable feedback!
Yes, you need a webcam to use the plugin.

On the other hand, I’ll add an error check for situations like that.

I tested it again on a computer with the webcam,and it worked!I am very appreciate for your research in AR of Unreal.You are the pioneer in that field.

I am trying this plugin on my laptop that has a working integrated webcam but to no avail. Is there any kind of setting or parameters to define before trying to use it, in order to get the web cam feed in the editor or is it just my cam that is not compatible with the plugin? How can I know? I tried to do a step by step in the blueprint but the results were not really conclusive.
I am quite new to unreal and haven’t had much time to play with it unfortunately, so I apologize if it is a trivial question.
Thank for your work any way :wink:

I’ve made a cool demo featuring real time shadows and object manipulation.

Demo features:

• Real time camera tracking / alignment
  • Virtual objects can cast shadow to the real environment
  • Virtual objects can be manipulated using touch screen or mouse
  • Color selector menu

I hope you like it!

That is amazing! The shadows and interaction are just mind blowing. Keep up the fantastic work!

Oh man…dreams are coming true :smiley:

This is awesome! I have been playing around with your demo scene. It is exciting to see things working, so easily and quickly!

I was curious how you achieved the shadow in this video. Are you using a shader or some other clever way to mask a traditional shadow?

-V

Cannot wait to mess around with this!

Traditional shadow, but it’s a little tricky. Everything can be created with standard UE4 blueprints.
I am planning to do a tutorial about it.

Totally agree with everything you just said. :slight_smile:

I actually think the price is an absolute bargain!
If you have not looked at the costs involved with similar AR systems, you really should.
Massive one off fee’s or ongoing subscriptions (even on slightly crippled versions), pay per tracker impressions, mandatory watermarks…

Adams one off price of $249 is crazy good!

Yes, he uses a free opensource framework but he has worked hard to put it in an easy to use package for us shmoes. I always think of how many man hours this would have taken me to do if I attempted to create a usable, cross-platform plugin and I charge $56 per hour for my time.

is being a gift horse here. Be grateful or he may stick the price up. :wink: