Atmospheric fog horizon bug

Hi,
I’m getting this thin black line that I can only remove setting the ground offset to its max. Any idea why? I guess it happened after the update to 4.12 but I’m not sure.
Cheers.

Hey hey John,

Keep in mind that the answerhub also has a search function.
[BUG] Exponential Fog vertical line - Rendering - Unreal Engine Forums < that should clear a few things up I hope :slight_smile:

I checked and didn’t find what I’m looking for. I’m talking about atmospheric fog and not the exponential one. Thank you anyway

Hey there,

This is an issue that is occurring in version 4.12, I am not sure what the status is, but answered with some details here:

EDIT: also please note that setting the ground offset higher does not fully fix the issue, it only moves the black line out of the visible range at one level. If you move the camera up with the ground offset set higher you will be able to see it does not completely get rid of it.

Hope that helps!

Thank you. Not sure why that post doesn’t show up when looking for atmospheric fog. What was your query?

I had to go through my post history to find it, I have no idea why it doesn’t show up,.I tried to search for it too, but couldn’t find it.

No idea, must be a glitch or something. =)