Assertion failed (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum)

Got once this crash once when trying to load my project’s main map that have sublevels.
When editor loads, smaller map is loaded and havent got any crashes with that.
I’m using UnreaEngine 4.12 - ofr(Oculus forward renderer) version .

106017-2.png

I don’t know why this problem is occured.

Help me.

1 Like

You are using an array and trying to access a element that is outside the size of the array. As an example, if you have an array with three elements and you try to access the fourth, which doesn’t exist, you will get this assertion.

Make sure that when you are accessing array elements, it’s within the size of the array.

Thank you for submitting a bug report, however at this time we believe that the issue you are describing is not actually a bug with the Unreal Engine, and so we are not able to take any further action on this. If you still believe this may be a bug, please provide steps for us to reproduce the issue, and we will continue our investigation.

1 Like

Thank you.
I’m going to find access error.
And I will let you know I find any issue.

1 Like

Version: 5.0.3-20979098+++UE5+Release-5.0

UPDATE : The crash only occurs if a blueprint window is open, wheither or not that BP is an extension of a custom C++ class.

Hi,

I have the same error and crash when compiling C++ except that there is no arrays at the moment in the project.

We are using Perforce and I suspect that there is a writing permission problem due to Perforce as all folders now are in read only and I can’t change their permission through windows.

Tried to disconnect source control before compilling, no change.
Tried to disconnect source control and change folder write permissions before compilling, no change.

Live coding is disabled, compiling is through Rider.

Sometimes it would not crash if the change is a light one (IE just adding a comment for instance)

Assertion failed: (Index >= 0) & (Index < ArrayNum) [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Containers\Array.h] [Line: 691] Array index out of bounds: 98 from an array of size 0

UnrealEditor_ControlRig
UnrealEditor_ControlRig
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_UnrealEd
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
UnrealEditor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Thanks.

For someone in the future. I had this error when I disabled Versioning Control. The engine crashed and locked with this infinite error.

I deleted Binaries, Intermediate and Saved folders in the root folder of the project.
After rebuilding, it works again.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, deleting the Binarues…etc folders didn’t solve it for me.
The crash happens in the Editor even when I am not doing anything :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve same pronlem with 5.3 the bugs will be fixed ?, i cant work on my project …
thx for advance

i’ve try to supp binaries and intermediate but that dont work for me…

i think i will be back to 5.2 if that still omg …

Did you also delete “Saved” folder?