[ARCore][AR] Black screen/camera when starting an ar-session

Hello.
On version 5.1.0 of the engine, when starting an ar-session, instead of the image from the camera, a black screen is observed. This happens both in the standard example and in your project. All solutions (disabling the vulcan, mobile-HDR) do not give results.
How can it be solved?

We’re aware of this issue and are working on HandHeld AR improvements for 5.2.

1 Like

Is there any way around this problem at the moment?
Thx

Yeah, this is nice, I was fighting for 2 days with deployment to my android phone, always some problem, and finally I find out 5.1 don’t support AR, thanks for killing my 2 days, at least, please put on project template big red “AR IS NOT WORKING IN THIS VERSION”.

2 Likes

my solution for 5.1.1:

does your solution work? But I don’t understand what exactly you did. My camera can’t be seen, there’s black underneath.

I’m using UE 5. If I put the app on the device it shows perfectly, but when I deploy it it doesn’t. Please give me a solution. Thank you very much

this thread covers the topic

UE bug tracker is here:

Please up-vote to get Epic to pay attention.
-e

1 Like

Anyone have any news on this? 5.1.1 and the bug is still there.
I wasn’t able to test on 5.2.1 because I have other problems that don’t allow me to launch the HandHeld demo correctly.

This was fixed for 5.3: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/f996307f1a02a4d695ff82a8cfa34dc096991ed2

Hi, Victor.

This url is broken. Could you please check and fix it?
Thanks a lot in advance!!

Hello,

I tested with 5.2 and 5.3 and the bug is still there.
But it’s just the first time you use the application, once you’ve been given the rights to use the camera. You have to close and restart the Android application and the bug is no longer present.
Perhaps it’s not the same issue.

Thanks, Silvère.
I’m testing the app on iOS. No problem with Android version, even built with UE 5.1.
AR app on iOS works perfectly in Development Mode, but it shows black screen in Shipping + Distribution.