ArchViz / Lighting

indeed i dont find it in the marketplace, is there any direct link to the post you did ?
thank you

, as soon as I saw your work, I subscribed to Unreal Engine. Epic should be aware of it :smiley:
You are a real inspiration and thanks for sharing your settings and scene on the marketplace !

I think there is a review process and the first community content will be released soon :

Keep sharing your work with us and if you have some spare time, don’t hesitate to write a tutorial on your process, it would be great.

Epic, if you read , consider opportunity and make your engine more archviz friendly (plane lights, better lightmass calculation settings access - not only in .ini file etc.) and you will have a new and powerful user base, all thanks to the incredible work of who mastered the first truly photorealistic, Vray style, realtime rendering with your engine. I saw his work everywere, even on gaming websites, not related to archviz, is famous now :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to .

I’m curious - the rift dev kit 2 was meant to ship in July and I heard it’d been delayed. I’ve seen a few sites playing with the DK2 now, has it been shipping? Should I slap my money do

Stunning work in here. =)

I can only second that, amazing stuff !

DK2 is in peoples hands for a month now, shipped at the end of july I think. If you want to develop for VR, yeah get one, if not, then I would wait untill the Consumer version. If you order one now you will get one in like oktober. (oculus is shippink dk2’s in batches based on the time of order) first batch has been shipped, second batch is shipping now I believe.

is pretty inspiring stuff! I have dk2 and would love to see how any of these scenes look through that. I’m working on a demo scene and was using blender cycles to bake lightmaps but they are coming out so noisy and much longer render times than you mentioned. I guess its time to dig into the UE4 rendering capabilities :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing!

I was told you couldn’t bake lightmaps externally to bring into UE4?

Could you explain to me?

is looking great!

I just got myself an submission to unreal just to learn to do that.

Would be great if you could share the scene via other means since the market place could take some weeks 'till oppening.

I second ! Posting your scene to somewhere for download, or making a quick tutorial how we can achieve lighting like that on our own would be very much appreciated.

Yes, I think a basic Screencapture describing your workflow (UV Layout, Ex-/Import, Materials & Lighting) would even help most people more, since dissecting a scene isn’t as enlightening as to hear someone talking about his workflow :wink: Any tutorial in kind of direction would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

I’d pay a gumroad tutorial of how you get your lighting like that. I also appreciate your sense of style, it’s simple geometry but your camera knowledge, lighting and shaders are fantastic.

Incredible work.

PS. I’d also love to get my hands on your scene right now, instead of waiting for the community store.

For everybody asking for a tutorial - I think it has to do not with lighting per se, but with UE4’s tonemapper and realtime reflections. Couple of years ago I was playnig with Unity’s Beast tech and was able to achieve similar results in indoor scenes (I was simulating realtime reflections with custom cubemap probes). The lighting part was relatively simple, but the crucial one was tonemapper - once I was able to find ideal settings working for that particular scene, it looked stunning. So I think UE4 succeeded with implementing a good tonemapper that imitates actual film response, or managed to tweak it really well. And sure, realtime reflections with proper fresnel and displacement distortions visible on hard angles add a lot to perceived realism

Beautiful work love it, can someone tell if its hard to make things like i LOVE realism my Vid card is made for it (GTX 690) and im going to a school for 3d etc (First year). But UE4 pops out for me i love it but never tried im new to everything
But i wanna try how long does it take to achieve skill and do i need to know how to program? I hope someone can give me some info about it i would love to try it.

Do you have a website or blog where you show how you do it ?

, I have been studying thread since you started it and want to congratulate you on your amazing work. Not only does it look technically fantastic but the art style
of lighting and texture work is also very impressive.
I´m a UE4 subscriber since April and mostly because I am interested in realtime architectural vizualisation, specially with VR / Dk 2.
I´m very thankful for the tipps and workflow descriptions you posted in thread already. It motivated me to experiment some more and try to bring my results a step further.
Specially regarding the lighting. I was using the spots directly as a sky portal for the windows, but your indirect approach gives much better results.

Since most of my scenes where much to big to experiment I build a small room to experiment with lighting, shaders and models.
At point I would also like to thank the UE4 team for the 4.4.1 update. Finally the DK2 support works like a charm :slight_smile:
Performance is still an (40 fps on a 770 GTX), but finally I have a scene I can play around with optimizations for oculus performance.
But even with the stuttering it is fantastic to walk through my room, kneel down and geht close to the bowl on the table. I absolutely love the engine.
I´m putting one model after the other into my scene just to look at :wink:
Keep up the fantastic work with the Engine and , I´m looking forward seeing some more cool stuff … an maybe a few new tipps

:slight_smile:

That looks pretty solid, too! Keep it up :slight_smile:

Roman

Hey bro! work with Unreal, but ya should have mentioned Roman.

He said he got inspired by Roman, so before post no sense comments, read every post!

He submitted it to the Marketplace, you can Vote on it here: Trello

I think it needs enough votes to get put up?