ArchViz / Lighting

Hi,

Great work , very inspiring!

I havnt used UE before and I have some basic questions;

The videos and stills you have posted, to get these to look the say they do, are these rendered out from UE?
Im not sure how to explain what i am meaning, but do these look the same in realtime, as they do in the videos, when navigating the environment as a player? Would one see the beautiful lighting and materiality exactly replicated when playing in realtime? The same as the videos capture, does that make sense?

Is the mesh, created inside UE4? Or is it exported/imported from other software?
Are the lights natively created in UE4, or are they exported?
What materials are being used? Are they from texture pack?

, would you generously be putting anything on the market place, as an example so others can see what you have done? if so how could one find it.

I use 3ds and vray, and am very excited to try creating work in a game engine.
You have inspired me :slight_smile:

is really remarkable stuff. I hope you release scene on the Marketplace or just upload it to Dropbox. It would be an amazing learning resource.

The videos and stills you have posted, to get these to look the say they do, are these rendered out from UE?
Im not sure how to explain what i am meaning, but do these look the same in realtime, as they do in the videos, when navigating the environment as a player? Would one see the beautiful lighting and materiality exactly replicated when playing in realtime? The same as the videos capture, does that make sense?

It look the same on editor (or standalone) in realtime (around 30fps, depending on the scene)

*Is the mesh, created inside UE4? … to much questions ! … texture pack? *

I think all the answers are here : .unrealengine.com/latest/INT/ :slight_smile:

Some tests on particles and shading. is really not optimized, too many transparent particles, big messy shader … but well, it was fun to do :slight_smile:

?

Hey ! Where can i Contact you? I have some questions for ya!! Please reply.

How are you handling the rain drops? I’ve been trying to build a procedural ripple shader but I’ve hit some issues. Are all the ripples doing via particle or handled in the material itself? If so would you mind sharing how you’re going about it?

Recording?..

work man! How are you getting such high video Output? I am trying to make videos of that quality but have no clue.

you are a gawd

is ! Keep the good work!

Will you please make all that you have done with shading a UE4 plugin. I would pay money for .

Very inspiring work man. What’s the resolution of your lightmaps for models/brushes?

Fantastic work .

I have some questions regarding your color correction. Are you taking multiple screenshots of your level and importing them into photoshop? Do you also use multiple post process volumes or is 1 LUT texture good enough? Lastly, can you isolate different parts of your level and make separate color corrections to them (example: focusing on just stairs, or just the walls, or the sky).

I greatly appreciate any or all answers and continue making good work in UE4!

Alright , you’ve caused a huge rage of emotions around… How long it took you to build these skills?(Talking about everything helping you in building one of your scenes)

A lot of people here are newbies like me, and get easily inspired by amazing piece of works like that and I believe is interested how long it takes to build that base of knowledge.

Keep going, you have great talent!

Looking brilliant as usual. Favorite is 0:09 (http://youtu.be/gC0PdspqNYk?t=9s) Keep it up!

As someone maybe a bit naive, how exactly do you go about ? I’m really struggling with trying to get good high quality textures with normal maps without having to pay fortunes but can’t seem to find much information on the process involved in creating them yourself with loads of 3D modelling work?

How are you handling the rain drops?
The rain drop are gpu particles with a refractive material.
On the ground it’s a mix of small refractive particles and shader. For the ground rain shader it’s a noise normal map (in a flip book) that affect the normal and the diffuse uv.

*How are you getting such high video Output? I am trying to make videos of that quality but have no clue. *
I export the video in 1080p/30 in avi with the video capture tool in matinee and encodes it in h264 with virtualdub.

*What’s the resolution of your lightmaps for models/brushes? *
For exemple, on the “lights tubes” scene, there’s a 512 on each wall and a 1024 for the entire floor and ceiling.

I have some questions regarding your color correction. Are you taking multiple …
I stay really simple. One postprocess volume with a fix exposure, one lut (I’m not sure but I think I used the same on all scenes), and some color correction tweaks in engine.

I’m really struggling with trying to get good high quality textures with normal maps …
Find a good diffuse, make a simple normal (mix of the diffuse, a quick mask and some random orientation) and mainly, try to have a nice roughness map (a black and white diffuse with some level adjustements).

I have just submitted a little scene with some daylight lighting for the marketplace, hope it will be helpful. :slight_smile:

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview2/eb6a28dd-d3ca-4e46-b595-4423b103332b.jpg

Subscribe to cgtextures.com - not expensive at all mate.

There’s tons of plugins that will allow you to create some pretty nice normals -nDo, CrazyBump etc.

The future of industry.

I probably will, however I was interested in how people like are doing from Google Images without having to use cgtextures.com

It just takes longer with google images since the sources might not tile as good as stuff from cgtextures…or you have to paint out lighting information or details that are too unique. Honestly…its not that hard, it just takes time and is a somehow boring task (in my opinion) :smiley: I have no issues with creating my own textures…but I still prefer using the ones from arroway for example, because browsing their catalogue, take the map you like and convert reflectivity to roughness and bump to normal and make them tileable takes me around 10min. The last brickwall I did for Dead Island 2 at the office was made from cgtextures photosource. That one took me almost a day to get everything really nice looking. Biggest was creating a base for the normal map to render them bricks out nicely^^ If you have nice volume in your textures and you dont want to sculpt it for the normal map…thats what really takes time with something like nDo. But its totally worth it :slight_smile:

PS: **** …where is the scene? :smiley: Does Epic check the stuff before its available on the marketplace?^^ Do you happen to know how long it will take until it becomes available? BTW…Teaser image looks nice :slight_smile:

I gotta say thanks again . I tried your lighting system and it’s really powerful. I like the idea of rendering with less lights for ease of simplicity and efficiency. I even have more ideas of my own I want to try out.

Right now, I’m trying to get the post processing right. It’s a very fun (but also tedious) process. But I’ll keep practicing till I it.

http://i.minus.com/i8lGdRraBq7ci.jpg