Anyone interested in helping develop a sci-fi thriller RPG

I am developing a series of different styles of games. Leading up to the sci-fi thriller rpg. I have been investing in my unreal library for around 8 months. Ive spent thousands of hours developing the emviornments. The storyline, the back stories. The overall general story-Join Mykomodo as he expieriences a world war, a geostorm, and a.i. abandoning mankind. Can he rebuild his reality before its swallowed by emptiness. Join his journey through the multiverse gaining skills and abilities to reverse the devastion caused by the weapons used in the war. Yet will your choices turn you into a creator or a destroyer???

Whats a “Sci Fi Thriller RPG”?

Sounds interesting.

I’m always looking for innovative ways to use the 3D Camera. RE Horror Style camera has been a huge influence too.

I also favor Sci-fi/Fantasy themes, because its allows me to create the rules for my game worlds. I dictate what the reality is. You could say I have a GOD Complex. LOL.

I love RPGs (Virtual Table Top RPGs) and Create Your Own Adventures (CYOA) branching Stories. I even made an attempt to create my own CYOA.

I am developing a series of different styles of games.

Can you elaborate on whats meant by this? I’ve been doing something similar but its moreso because i have too many game concepts in my head. hehe.

I'm a huge FPS Fan too (especially Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead Series).

In fact, i’m currently working on Horrors of War a FPS about Soldiers battling Demons and Zombies inspired by this Creepy Pasta.

I dont know that much about Deadrising. But, I do appreciate the idea of combining objects to create various weapons.

Such a game sounds extremely ambitious on its own, especially if you new to developing games. If this is the first game, then I recommend you change the title of the recruitment. Even if you used a Template to kickstart the project, theres a ton of work to do.

Whats a “Sci Fi Thriller RPG”?

I asked the same question above

I reckoned sci-fi thriller RPG is just as foreign as a Alien Invasion | Kaiju Survival Terror XPS LOL.

Dare to be different.

It would be advantageous to your recruitment to post some of this progress. Otherwise it all just reads like a Yet Another Game Dev Fantasy. Please consider that like you, many Developers are here to develop their own games ideas. Thus finding others who are interested can be very challenging. Show us, dont tell us.

Once I read the word MMORPG, I said to myself uh-oh...

I’ve had my fair share of game dev fantasies to produce MMOs. I see it as just a matter of Scaling up content and concurrent player, not necessarily any particular genre/mechanics. And that’s where the huge cost in time and money are.

My plan is to empower the Players with in-game construction tools, Procedural Generation and Peer-to-peer Network hosting features to minimize my own out-of-pocket cost and scale up organically. These are the systems are started developing in UnrealEngine Firstly, not game mechanics.

These systems are still my priority no matter the game concept. My Philosophy is simple, if you can replicate the spawn, orientate, attach, detach, collision detection, property modify, destroy of a cube, you can repeat the process for any Actor, Entity, Building, etc.

I personally see games getting smaller not bigger. There are simply too many Games out there to experience and people are starting to realize the value of their time. I’m cool with playing a game I enjoy for 1 hour to blow off steam and work up a sweat.

But, I refuse to waste hours of my Life in a game other than the game-of-life, UNLESS it can generate my family and I revenue for use in the real world (which are the MMO/Metaverse monetization systems I’m interested in developing).

I’m personally aiming for Multiplayer Arcade-style Games, Game Modes, and Shared Interactive Experiences that can be enjoyed within 1 to 2 hours, similar to a movie, creepy pastas, news articles, dev logs, etc. With modular design, I plan for these to be intra and extra Episodic releases, but all will use repeatable incremental game mechanics for optional replay.

Notice I put the term Multiplayer in front. From two concurrent Players to a Gazillion. I have no preset limit. My MMO fantasy is not dead but has morphed into something else.

Once I read the words Blockchain & NFT I said to myself uh-oh...

Unfortunately, these buzzwords have been damaged. Plagued by a plethora of Ponzi schemes and illegal gambling scams. For me, I read “Hi I’m a SCUMMY GAME, AVOID ME at all cost and by any means necessary!”. A majority of the implementations I’ve seen in games translate to me as cover ups for home-made Crypto subscription schemes.

It is my belief: Players Pay in real-world currency, Players get Paid in real-world currency. That’s It. 1 to 1 representation. Maybe use different visualization fonts {fontface, pbr and size} for numerical value ranges, but keep the numerical value presented 1 to 1.

I do agree there is a place for Blockchain and NFTs and they can be beneficial if truly deployed to protect and secure transactions and ownership. But, these can operate in the background like any other security & protection software does.

A real-life Ready Player One will NOT be a good thing. It’s a film about where much of humanity uses a virtual reality simulation to escape the real world. Sheesh. However, I believe the future will be more utopic and we’ll get something very different as XR will blend the AI-powered Virtual and Real-worlds together.

Are you still needing help? I am Character Artist. I also have Hard Surface and Rigging Skills

yes i am, getting ready to release first game on steam. You can email me directly mrunderdoge@gmail.com