Any way to make volumetric fog not affect skysphere?

I want to apply a HDRI to my sky sphere.
However, regardless of how I tweak things around, I can’t seem to make it look good, because volumetric fog screws everything up.

This is how it looks like with the fog enabled:

And this is with the fog disabled:

As you can see, I already adjusted cutoff distance and view distance of the fog. And fog density itself is very low.
I need it to create a soft warm feel to my indoor scene and to add faint light shafts to the light coming through the windows.
It is extremely frustrating, though, that it screws up the skybox!

I’m looking for an advice on how to fix this situation.

Set your skysphere material to translucent and disable “apply fogging”

Unfortunately, that didn’t work:

Just to clarify, the solution @Arkiras suggests works on regular exponential height fog. But it has no effect if “volumetric fog” checkmark is enabled.

Ok, so… Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find a solution.
No matter what I tried, no matter how much I googled - nothing works.

So, instead I decided to go for the old fashioned “fake it til you make it” approach.
I ditched volumetric fog altogether. Adjusted exponential fog, added some fake lightshafts as particle emitters, tweaked HDRI in photoshop to match the outside “fogginess” with the inside more or less, re-did the lighting and other small tweaks…

Now I have a skybox that looks good.

P.S. A thing to note: do not do the “translucent skybox material” if you have windows in your scene. It will cause translucency sorting issues. Just regular “opaque unlit” is fine and adjust exponential fog cutoff distance.

I’m thinking this must be a bug in UE4, because it definitely works in UE 5.1.

Left: Apply Fog turned Off
Right: Apply Fog turned On

This really shouldnn’t be a problem since you can just set the sort priority of the skybox so that it renders behind everything.

Anyway, I’m glad you resolved it. Faking it is a better option in my opinion.